What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone clear something up for me?

IanG

Coach
I'm just wondering on this Kangaroo Tour is Australia's Opponants for the 3 Tests England or Great Britan?

Just a bit confusing cuz the media keep saying England. But to the best of my Knowledge Great Britan are only split up for the World Cup

antonius

Coach
They are playing Great Britain. Great Britain consists of..England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. So going on that the Great Britain team is/or can be made up of players from all of those.

So it is. The 'Lions' are the predominently white with red and blue, aren't they? They are the ones that usually tour here while we play the predominently white with a bit of red over there, don't we?

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
So it is. The 'Lions' are the predominently white with red and blue, aren't they? They are the ones that usually tour here while we play the predominently white with a bit of red over there, don't we?
I really have no idea, I thought they were one in the same, ie:- Great Britian were called the British Lions. :?:

I always thought we played England when we went on tour, but the Poms that toured here were the Great Britain Lions. It may have changed for competitive reasons just recently.

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
I always thought we played England when we went on tour, but the Poms that toured here were the Great Britain Lions. It may have changed for competitive reasons just recently.
I'm pretty sure it's always been v Great Britain, either there or here, Might be a bit before your time Wedge but do you remember that Welsh winger they had ( Bit of a stand out player for them Jones(Good Welsh name! :lol: ) Well he played for them here and over there.

yeah its always been a great britain sides that we have played on kangaroo tours and them touring over here. the home countries are only split up for the world cup.

Latest posts