What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can this man revive British Rugby League?

adamkungl

Immortal
The Mascord's of the world think the sport should take whatever money it can.

But to me that's a dangerous game to be playing. Money is power and if someone gets involved that has more money than the entire rest of the sport combined they potentially have the power to do as they want, whether it fits good of the sport or not.

roughyedspud

Coach
I'd not be opposed to using Eddie heard/Matchroom for what the are...a promotions company..

By all means contract Matchroom to run the PR for magic weekend or England games...if that's a success have then do PR for super league....let's see what they can do with £100,some string,couple of bottle tops and a thimble...lol

But to suggest Eddie hearn as the RFL CEO is frankly ridiculous

langpark

First Grade
The Mascord's of the world think the sport should take whatever money it can.

But to me that's a dangerous game to be playing. Money is power and if someone gets involved that has more money than the entire rest of the sport combined they potentially have the power to do as they want, whether it fits good of the sport or not.
Thats true, though it didnt happen with Koukash. I suppose he was limited to the confines of one club though.

I had never heard of thie guy until the other day and still dont know a thingabout him. But there something a bit con-artist-like about him.

deluded pom?

Coach
Thats true, though it didnt happen with Koukash. I suppose he was limited to the confines of one club though.

I had never heard of thie guy until the other day and still dont know a thingabout him. But there something a bit con-artist-like about him.
Hearn is where he is because of his father Barry. Barry was the manager of six times world snooker champion Steve Davis. Davis wasn’t as natural a player as some of his contemporaries but had a fantastic temperament. Davis wasn’t a natural in front of the camera either but Hearn made him a multi millionaire with his promotion. Barry then moved into darts and took that up a few levels. Then Eddie got involved and next on the list was boxing. They seem to do OK with individual sports but didn’t pull up any trees when Barry was involved with Leyton Orient, maybe, maybe not because of the similarities to Koukash’s situation at Salford. I’m in agreement with ‘spud and adam. We need to be careful we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

roughyedspud

Coach

Koukash wasn't limited cos he was confined to one club..

He was confined cos he's a fraudster...the man that conned RL into thinking he was worth £700m to £2b is actually worth "just" £50m

roughyedspud

Coach
So do i....but I wouldn't go around letting everyone think I'm worth 10-15 times more than I'm actually worth..