What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Can we play you every week??"

Dragonheart

Juniors
I believe they said it was a ground record for the joint venture, not overall.

Yes, Gaz was trying to milk a penalty, but why was that leg in there in the first place?

Lance was also awesome yesterday, let's not forget that. He made his first grade debut against the Sharks, and showed he has only improved over the last 10 seasons. Too bad the red-head in a Sharks jersey was such a wanker. Why Ryles drew a penalty is almost surprising. Mander got it backwards....Ryles reacted to being grabbed by the throught....check the video more closely and you will see.

In all fairness, Peachey played the whistle and was given the points. I'm just happy that it didn't have any bearing on the outcome.

What is with Scummorley? Is he curious about what goes on at a tribunal, or something? How may times did he argue with Mander yesterday? I suppose it made him feel like he was doing something useful......IDIOT!

brokendigit

Juniors
Willow said:
Brokendidgit, it wasn't a ground record, the ground record was set in 1975: Saints v Souths, 23,582.
The ground announcer and any other media follow-up is incorrect.

Yep - spot on Willow.
I believe that it's the G.R. since the new ground configuration...

I'd like to see it lifted against some WORTHY opposition...
Maybe Parramatta in August?

borat

Bench
Don't take the bait from the scum supporters. How many years has it been now since they have given us a game. The facts are they are no competition to us anymore, a gimme two points almost like the bye. The sharks will struggle to make the 8 and if they do we can only hope to play them in the semis bacause that would be another walk over.

Bench
Dragonheart said:
What is with Scummorley? Is he curious about what goes on at a tribunal, or something? How may times did he argue with Mander yesterday? I suppose it made him feel like he was doing something useful......IDIOT!
Thats funny,not to mention how many times he goes high in a tackle,hope we towel them up next week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragonheart said:
I believe they said it was a ground record for the joint venture, not overall.
The announcer said 'ground record' without a real description.
It'll be for 'OKI' Jubilee as opposed to Kogarah Jubilee.
I'm sure they don't use revisionist history like that at other grounds just because they have a new sponsor.
The venue is still the same venue.

Still a huge crowd. Great atmosphere and a beaut day.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They didnt say that. The announcer just said 'ground record'.
No matter what he said, it still leaves people with a false impression. It's incorrect in a number of different ways.

Collateral

Coach
Kimmoreley needs to learn not how to get on the wrong side of the ref...he mightnt of had the best game as a ref but Brett didnt help his team arguing with him all the time.

The sharks got blown off the park yesterday and the ref couldnt of stopped it even if he tried.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What Noddy did in front of the Slab corner was extraordinary. He started whinging to the ref about getting a high shot. There was nothing in it, his team had scored a try, and the match was almost over. The crowd started razzing him in a huge way. The booing got louder and Kimmorley just looked over at us waved us away. Afterwards, as they were coming up the cage, the Sharks players copped heaps. They left the field in no doubt that they were behind enemy lines.
The whingers go about a sign on the hill, but some of the things being yelled would have peeled paint off a wall. And the players were visibly affected by it.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
What Noddy did in front of the Slab corner was extraordinary. He started whinging to the ref about getting a high shot. There was nothing in it, his team had scored a try, and the match was almost over. The crowd started razzing him in a huge way. The booing got louder and Kimmorley just looked over at us waved us away. Afterwards, as they were coming up the cage, the Sharks players copped heaps. They left the field in no doubt that they were behind enemy lines.
The whingers go about a sign on the hill, but some of the things being yelled would have peeled paint off a wall. And the players were visibly affected by it.
They would have been effected by it because, as we all know, Cronulla are soft.

After a poor start since the JV, the tables have turned. I'd venture to say that Saints now have a psychological hold on the Scum. I can't see them beating us for years to come.

I also like it how we left the Scum players out on the field for a minute or too to soak up the welcome before Saints ran out.

cronulla were sh*t
except for peachey. why we didnt offer a contract to him is beyond my comprehension.
kimmorley was crap and should learn not to be such whinger.
what about simmons. is he the worst player ever seen? the voluntary tackle, the push cooper towards the tryline. he gets worse every week

Latest posts