What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders Jerseys

Hi All

Since the Canberra Raiders inception in 1982, how many jerseys do you own?

Do you own any special/rare/limited jerseys over the years?

I have quite a few myself, although exactly how many is unknown as I have never counted them (would have to be close to a dozen I'd say).

Would love to read your stories.

All the best.

I have a few , I just bought the Pink one , so that my latest

1st one I bought in 87 , I bought it through RLW I think.

I didnt like the SL ones or the darker green one so never purchased them.

And Ive only ever bought 1 White jersey around late 80's

aussies1st

Staff member
I've brought 2, had the 07 one and the 2009 version. Haven't seen a reason to upgrade since the jersey is basically the same with different sponsors.

bileduct

Coach
I've got 35 jerseys all up. I'll generally buy a home jersey each year and the away jersey when it has sponsor change or redesign. I'll get the one off jerseys each year such as Aboriginal, Brain Injury, Grand Final Replay Week, Women In League, Cotton CoRL, Signed CoRL, pre season and retro jerseys. The bulk of them are from 2000 up, but I have a few older ones, like late 80's Woodgers, early 94 Video Ezy, SL and Oracle. I've got four fully signed jerseys from various years.

A lot of them are too big for me now. I used to wear an XXL but now I wear a L.

I'm still looking for a few jerseys. If anyone has a L or XL Raiders/Eels lime jersey from the early 2000's in reasonable condition that they'd like to offload, I'd be interested.

I've got 35 jerseys all up. I'll generally buy a home jersey each year and the away jersey when it has sponsor change or redesign. I'll get the one off jerseys each year such as Aboriginal, Brain Injury, Grand Final Replay Week, Women In League, Cotton CoRL, Signed CoRL, pre season and retro jerseys. The bulk of them are from 2000 up, but I have a few older ones, like late 80's Woodgers, early 94 Video Ezy, SL and Oracle. I've got four fully signed jerseys from various years.

A lot of them are too big for me now. I used to wear an XXL but now I wear a L.

I'm still looking for a few jerseys. If anyone has a L or XL Raiders/Eels lime jersey from the early 2000's in reasonable condition that they'd like to offload, I'd be interested.

bileduct

I actually own that Raiders/Eels lime jersery. I believe the Raiders only wore it the one time when they lost to the Eels. I think it has 20th Anniversary embroidered on it? I've never worn it. I never wear most of my jerserys.

I also own the ones you mentioned above, i.e; Aboriginal jersey, Brain Injury jersey and the Women In League jersey.

Is the Grand Final Replay week the Raiders/Sea-Eagles one?

One I didn't see you mention, but I'm sure you have, is a Seven's Tournament jersey. I think the bottom half is green and the top half is white with a v across it.

All the best.

bileduct

Coach
Yep, I got the Sevens Tournament jersey as well. I couldn't remember if that was from a Sevens Tournament or the pre-season trial game that was played in Erindale.

That's the Raiders/Eels jersey I am looking for. I think it was a 20th anniversary jersey for the first game the Raiders ever played.

There's also an interesting black Ozemail jersey I picked up. Can't remember what that one was all about.

Grand Final Replay Week was the Raiders/Sea Eagles one, yes.

Oh, and I forgot Josh McCrone's jersey from the Breast Cancer auction, so that's 36 :)

Good to see another collector!

bileduct

Coach
If you ever want to let that Raiders/Eels jersey go I would be very interested.

That said, hold onto it because it's an awesome jersey. If I had one I'd never sell it.

Raiders/Eels jersey? Someone post a pic of this?...I didn't get to see too many games in 2001 cos I didn't have pay tv back then.

bileduct

Coach
Raiders commemorative jersey

by Matthew O'Neill [source: Canberra Raiders] on Friday 23 Mar 2001 12:00

The Canberra Raiders will celebrate 20 years in the National Rugby League competition this Sunday with a special tribute to their 1982 team and they will take to the field wearing a commemorative Raiders jersey similar to that they wore in 1982.

The commemorative jersey is available to purchase at the Canberra Raiders Shop in Mawson for $154.00 (inc. GST) however there is only 100 available so get in quick.

http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=5632

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I've got a couple, but some of guys need a round of applause, 35! That's quite amazing/impressive.

I have 90's jersey, classic retro these days lol

I have the superleague jersey - not a fan of this one.

I've got the eels/raiders jersey, probably my favorite.. Rarely worn.

An 07 jersey, I like it and wear it to the games.

I also just bought a baby sized current jersey lol. Can't wait to have him come to the games all geared up haha

bileduct

Coach
Of all my jerseys the one I probably enjoy wearing most is the Oracle jersey from 98/99.

I will generally wear the home and away jerseys each year, but all the one off jerseys will maybe get worn once or twice and that's it. The signed ones obviously never get worn, and even though I bought the retro ones so I wouldn't have to further wear out my originals I am yet to put them on.

I'd also like to get my hands on the old McFadden Homes and News Classified jerseys, as well as any of the old cotton white away jerseys. They occasionally pop up on eBay but are usually in terrible condition.

Last edited:

Cryptic

Juniors
I've got 12 jerseys, 3 pairs of shorts, 9 training shirts. Gratz on the 36 :)

Oldest one is a long sleave 1980's something jersey, I can't recall what year exactly.
Also go the 1994, 1997 (I think, the OzEmail dark green one) and then a lot of the more recent ones, including the one with no ads on it they sold as a promo a while back. Oh and the heritage round one from 2009 (I think).

Other than that I have a few Australian and QLD jerseys, a few of them have a few random signatures I managed to get, mostly from Mal :)

One of my favs is the emu jersey from the 94 Kangaroo tour.

Most of my jerseys dont fit anymore , they must of shrunk :lol:

I do have a darker green one from around 2002 , wore it at the time but would never wear it again.

I also got the heritage jersey , they made that in cotton ?

would there be any McFadden jerseys around? from memory they went bust before the season started so I think the jersey would of been worn in pre-season only

edabomb

First Grade
Here's an image of the 2001 Commemorative jersey

knagascanvspar.jpg

bileduct

Coach
Viking over at the Greenhouse has previously posted pics of his collection. He has a McFadden jersey, as shown here:

H6Ir.jpg

That said, I don't think the Super League jersey he has was publicly available (it has the Ansett sponsorship on the chest), so who knows where he got the McFadden one from.

viking

Juniors
just found this thread havn't been on here in ages.

i have 80 jerseys.i have a few game worn jerseys in amongst the collection and a fair few signed ones aswell.

legend

Coach
bileduct

I actually own that Raiders/Eels lime jersery. I believe the Raiders only wore it the one time when they lost to the Eels. I think it has 20th Anniversary embroidered on it? I've never worn it. I never wear most of my jerserys.

Master Raider, we beat the Eels 22-6 that day. Todd Payten had a blinder. We did not lose that game.