What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Candidate for mysterious WT player going to Bronco's in 2012

N.C.

Juniors
... and yet if we weren't chasing Blair we'd all be asking "where's the next marquee player we were promised all those years ago...?"

Billythekid

First Grade
... and yet if we weren't chasing Blair we'd all be asking "where's the next marquee player we were promised all those years ago...?"

Maybe but players only have a certain value. The question is whether this player in particular is worth all the trouble.

I don't think so but it is.

I have heard this too ,he's unhappy with sheensy letting alot of his mates go and the spotlight of sydney is starting to get to him plus stepping into lockies shoes appeals to him

Yeah because playing for the biggest NRL team in the country which has all of Brisbane to itself, whilst being the replacement for Lockyer wouldn't see him in the limelight at all.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Reports of Moltzen at Sharks with Flannagan and Heignington having coffee with Phil Gould.

Is it true and is the word out Tigers for sale?

If so, must be some shake up.

Truthfully, something has to change to get us to the next level.

Tigerm

First Grade
Reports of Moltzen at Sharks with Flannagan and Heignington having coffee with Phil Gould.

Is it true and is the word out Tigers for sale?

If so, must be some shake up.

Truthfully, something has to change to get us to the next level.
Agree to that. Hopefully, we are not just going to rely on our youth team, to do it though.

But this Blair must be a fairly talented player, for all these blokes to be leaving:)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
All i wanted was for this to be handled a lot more professionally.

Signing blokes up on long term contracts and than shopping them off a month later isn't really smart business is it?

Its no wonder the players are feeling shitty, they don't know which of them will be sent elsewhere next, irrespective of their contract.

They feel the club has no faith in them and they can't trust the heirarchy.

It is showing on the field too.

leoc

Juniors
With the approach the club has taken I am a little fearful that the team of 2012 will be so top heavy with juniors that 4 years later we'll be saying that they are nearing their peak and it should be our year. Hell, the way the club performs some of us won't be around the next time we are genuine premiership winning material!!!!

Fordy20

Juniors
Well, I don't think we're seeing enough juniors. Yes we're finally getting some big forwards coming through like Fifita, Woods, BMM and Groat, but I want some fast outside backs, blokes who can finish off what the play makers start. Our outside backs at the moment are Utai, Tuqiri, Ryan, Brown, McKinnon and occasionally Moltzen at fullback. FFS their average age is 28. We need some young speedsters in there somewhere.

magpie_man

Juniors
All i wanted was for this to be handled a lot more professionally.

Signing blokes up on long term contracts and than shopping them off a month later isn't really smart business is it?

Its no wonder the players are feeling shitty, they don't know which of them will be sent elsewhere next, irrespective of their contract.

They feel the club has no faith in them and they can't trust the heirarchy.

It is showing on the field too.

this.
all of the uncertainty and conjecture surrounding the club atm isn't exactly conducive to a stable and confident football team on the field.
it certainly wouldn't be the environment i'd chose to work in; empty promises and constantly looking over my shoulder in fear of the boss's axe.
we've got our fair share of blue chip players in marshall, farah, ellis, tuqiri and lawrence which is a good-enough platform to build a strong team around. 3 out of those 5 have been injured for prolonged periods this season and suddenly the axe starts swinging...

Tigerm

First Grade
this.
all of the uncertainty and conjecture surrounding the club atm isn't exactly conducive to a stable and confident football team on the field.
it certainly wouldn't be the environment i'd chose to work in; empty promises and constantly looking over my shoulder in fear of the boss's axe.
we've got our fair share of blue chip players in marshall, farah, ellis, tuqiri and lawrence which is a good-enough platform to build a strong team around. 3 out of those 5 have been injured for prolonged periods this season and suddenly the axe starts swinging...
I understand your point, but this is a professional footy team, not a social club, the axe should always be swinging & occassionally it should hit someone. Stable & confident teams are winning teams, that's what it's all about, winning, look at the Storm.
I can only assume that all this change was brought about with Sheens new contract, either himself or Humphries wanted this, as he had a great opp to go to Penrith.
With change, comes uncertainty for the ppl in the firing line, I mean we have kept a lot of these blokes for the last 5 seasons with little to show for it, this should have been done a couple of years after 05, as it was fairly obvious that the team wasn't capable of challanging for the title?
TBH I think these possible threats have made us a bit sharper, our defence has had a bit more in it of late, unfortunately our attack has not (but that's more about injuries than anything else)?

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not uncertainty for people in the firing line, its uncertainty for EVERYONE.

This is the problem.

b.bear

Juniors
I tend to agree with Tiger Hawk when it comes to players signing with other clubs mid season. It takes courage to dump them but there can be benefits.

The Tigers it would appear are in a rebuilding phase, some necessary and some forced upon us therefore if a player has been signed else where we need to identify their replacement at the first opportunity.

I know the game is played to win the comp and all efforts should be made to win this year but do you perservere with a player like Lui or Moltzen or whoever (I just name them as examples) if they will not be at the team next year. If Lui is the one, should we not get Miller to a first grade level as a matter of urgency? Do we contiunue to build Fifita's skill level in our team (to benefit the Sharks) or do we upskill BMM?

I want my team to do the best possible this year and every year but as much as I hate to say it, if we don't get some huge break in our luck, this season is not one I see us winning the comp. Based on that, can't we get these young guns from the 20's playing at a level they will gain a huge amount from and not throwing them to the wolves at the beginning of a season...blood them while they are not expected to do so great.

I guess I am rambling now but I think you will see my point. I just want what is best for my team, maybe I am wrong and I am sure I'll be told that quite quickly or fairly bluntly by some but maybe there is some merit in what I am saying.

Just love my team...that's all.

Agreed ,whoever is going next year should be bumped out especially fifita ,why waste game time on him or any other . Our season is gone lets face it we might make the semi's but unless Benji & Robbie work their sh*t out and the stupid factions we seem to have in the team stop" Bitching about ",we are going down the gurgler.

Last edited:
I should have read this thread before starting the other one about Ryan & Heigno going to Penrith but thought that it should have been a new thread.

As I said in the other thread, where there's smoke there's fire.

Tigerm

First Grade
There's more talk about players leaving, than players signing?

It seems we are going into another rebuilding phase, with our juniors, hope they are up to it? Another wait & see period.

FG players that are certain, are:
FB
W - Tuqiri
W - Utai
C - Lawrence
C - Ayshford
5/8 - Marshal
Half
BR - Ellis
BR - Dwyer
FR - Galloway
H - Farah
FR

I haven't made mention of the bench or juniors, but assume the juniors will fill the vacant spots?

For me, the hard one is FB?

Juniors
There's more talk about players leaving, than players signing?

It seems we are going into another rebuilding phase, with our juniors, hope they are up to it? Another wait & see period.

Why are we rebuilding now?? Based on last years success it seems that a fullback, a decent half, Brown on the right wing and luck with Injuries would have seen us be competitive.

Unfortunately IMO the injuries (add farah to that) and the lack of a fit No 1 got us this year.

Im all for rebuilding but if all these rumors are true our team will be unrecognisable come Rd 1 next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so we're losing a shirtload and signing...1 guy

I don't understand the timing of all this, at all.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'd say the salary cap and back loaded contracts are biting WT big time (along with Teflon shifting blame onto the under-performing regular squad).