What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cashed up, where to spend our money?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
SMH reporting it too, apparently he's turned down the Storm as he wants to head to NZ

All well and good, but what does it say about our ability to develop halves, and where does it leave Hingano and Lino?

TMM hasn't yet done much in first grade anyway, has he?

Stuff reporting that Lino has been offered a new contract.
Unless they are wanting to secure reserve grade halves as well, you'd have Johnson partnered with either Lino/TMM/Hingano and the other two in NSW cup?

We need new forwards as mentioned. I wouldn't be too upset if we got a new centre or winger. Out of our backs, you can pen in RTS and Fusitua but look at the rest - CNK relative rookie, Manu who I think the best is behind him, Kata has potential, but hasn't quite reached it yet imo. Allwood can't seem to get a look in, Maumolo. Ayshford can be alright. Lolohea who is going.

Blair

Coach
There was bushfire haze in Sydney from last Thursday onwards (from planned NSWRFS operations).

It got into our boys' lungs and the longer the game went on the more it affected them. It got to the point where they were all coughing, spluttering and weezing behind the goalposts after each try (Oz, that's the 'shambles' you saw). The game should've never been played in those dangerous, adverse conditions.

That's my excuse around town today.

JJ

Immortal
There was bushfire haze in Sydney from last Thursday onwards (from planned NSWRFS operations).

It got into our boys' lungs and the longer the game went on the more it affected them. It got to the point where they were all coughing, spluttering and weezing behind the goalposts after each try (Oz, that's the 'shambles' you saw). The game should've never been played in those dangerous, adverse conditions.

That's my excuse around town today.

I think the coughing and spluttering was just a symptom of the choking that was going on.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not on Bodene, he can bugger off now. Honestly, how many tackles has he missed in the red zone or directly leading to tries? Lots. Way too many. All I see now is a lazy, uninterested overrated guy who should be a senior player but really doesn't give a shit. Actually very similar to what I see in Issac Luke. Two guys I wouldn't be offering new contracts too, they're happy to turn up when we're sailing in the wind but when the bad weather hits, they jump off the side of the boat rather than row their side.

JJ

Immortal
It remains a mystery to me why Bodene isn't treated the same as Allwood or Jonno Wright

Not on Bodene, he can bugger off now. Honestly, how many tackles has he missed in the red zone or directly leading to tries? Lots. Way too many. All I see now is a lazy, uninterested overrated guy who should be a senior player but really doesn't give a shit. Actually very similar to what I see in Issac Luke. Two guys I wouldn't be offering new contracts too, they're happy to turn up when we're sailing in the wind but when the bad weather hits, they jump off the side of the boat rather than row their side.

agree totally with bodene. He was pure mud in defence. I counted 3 tries he let in

Im unsold on TMM

Read some shit mite of been on here actually that he is a cause of concern for player/culture issues at the Panthers.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Bodene stands out to some because in a team of lethargic plodders he at least hits a hole with purpose. Unfortunately this glosses over his weak points, which are pretty much as you describe.

Wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if he wasn't retained and by the sounds of it the offer we gave him wasn't the greatest but he still might stay for family reasons.

True

Makes me wonder if this is the reason nothing has happened
Moses cant wait to leave the tigers, Tui cant wait to leave the warriors to replace Moses, TMM supposed to be replacing Tui.
Tigers and Panthers have said they will let their respective players go but it seems we are holding things up

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
True

Makes me wonder if this is the reason nothing has happened
Moses cant wait to leave the tigers, Tui cant wait to leave the warriors to replace Moses, TMM supposed to be replacing Tui.
Tigers and Panthers have said they will let their respective players go but it seems we are holding things up

We've offered contracts to Ata and Lino. I suspect if they both signed tomorrow we'd just let Tui go.

At the moment our contracted halves next year are SJ and......Harris? Tui is plan F, but he's the only plan currently under contract.

Penrose_11

Juniors
I wish the brass would announce some signings soon. The off contract pickings are getting less and less by the day.

My money would be spent on quality props and a class centre. And I guess a half.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Jimmy Graham would be top of my list and I'd pay overs for both.
Joe Ofahengaue - 21yrs

Will Chambers - 28 yrs
Blake Ferguson - 27 yrs
Jordan Kahu (not class but an upgrade)
Dane Gagai - 26 yrs

Tyrone Roberts wouldn't be the worst either. Leads the team around the field and has a good kicking game. Not top rate but the foil to Johnson - 25 yrs
Cody Walker - 27 yrs

If I got to have 3 of the above that would sign on the dotted line they'd be:

Asofa- Solomona
Graham
Chambers

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Surely we're looking at Sam Kasiano? If we're happy to throw big $$$ at Adam Blair, then Sam Kasiano is as good if not better option?
Only smart people like Craig Bellamy (and you and me ahem) look at Sam Kasiano. Great minds think alike ;). Nah but seriously, I do know Bellamy is chasing him for the Storm as a replacement for McClean.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...o-could-become-most-damaging-prop-in-the-game

I'd say Blairs more of a back rower than a prop based on his "go forward". Not much of a line denter these days.

Last edited:

legs 11

Juniors
I wish the brass would announce some signings soon. The off contract pickings are getting less and less by the day.

My money would be spent on quality props and a class centre. And I guess a half.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Jimmy Graham would be top of my list and I'd pay overs for both.
Joe Ofahengaue - 21yrs

Will Chambers - 28 yrs
Blake Ferguson - 27 yrs
Jordan Kahu (not class but an upgrade)
Dane Gagai - 26 yrs

Tyrone Roberts wouldn't be the worst either. Leads the team around the field and has a good kicking game. Not top rate but the foil to Johnson - 25 yrs
Cody Walker - 27 yrs

If I got to have 3 of the above that would sign on the dotted line they'd be:

Asofa- Solomona
Graham
Chambers

id give u a job at warriors, eh penrose 11......good choices. i think when we sack doyle and hire you thats going to free up some cash as well.....i'm sure u don't need doyles money.

Iafeta

Referee
Ackers be like...

9QAdPUHf_asX6uB5SwL0toCTnUO5-Cfut_QLl-s16qKiSVpcpqp0QThTwBO5P4-G664z4wVdFejsp9vCOCCRFzXZOb92StsyGihP12rWXoGcIw=w384-h384-nc

Latest posts