What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans pissed off

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/266060/Angry-cats-quit-threat/

ANGRY CATALAN COULD QUIT SUPER LEAGUE OVER REFEREE ROW

ABOVE: Catalan could quit Super League in a *sensational row over refereeing standards Catalan could quit Super League in a *sensational row over refereeing standards
8th August 2012 By Julie Stott
CATALAN could quit Super League in a *sensational row over refereeing standards.

The French club is convinced that decisions are deliberately going against them.

Around 500 fans walked out during their last home game in protest at a video referee ruling.

And now President Bernard Guasch has hinted that the club could pull out of Super League.

He said: “It can only end *badly. They have already nearly lost Bradford, but perhaps they will also lose another.”

The club’s founder was livid *after several decisions went against his team in Sunday’s *36-18 defeat at Huddersfield. He added: “I am very upset and I will stay home if this continues. I will go hunting and fishing instead.

“Enough is enough. It is a shame for the competition and I am ashamed for Stuart Cummings, the chief referee official.
“I’m not asking that we benefit, but I would like impartial *referees. We are sinking.”

Read more

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/266060/Angry-cats-quit-threat/

First time I've ever heard of a club being that pissed off at refs that they think quiting is the best bet :lol::lol::lol:

clarency

Juniors
Hahaha... it certainly would be convenient.

Though I thought it was just the Sydney siders that were whingers.

VictoryFC

Bench
Any relationship between this and the proposed French 13 comp?

Still wouldn't make much sense for Catalans to be doing it now. There is security in SL that cant be provided by the new French league. Maybe they know something we dont, and negotiations are much further along