What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans Vs Bradford

screeny

Bench
Crowd was roughly 8,000. Just under I think the official number was. The game was spectacular. In the middle of it I uttered 'f**k me but RL is an amazing sport'. And it is. When it's played between two sides that are pretty evenly matched it's just so f**king great.

Les Cats deserved the victory and played most of the footy but Bradford won fair and square, even though I thought the ref was a little unfair in his control of the ruck, giving Bradford a lot more leeway than Les Cats, who deserved a fair few penalties. The commentator, the incomparable Rodolphe Pires, even said 'il fait Hollywood!' when Henderson went over after a nothing 'high shot' and was given a crucial penalty in the 40th minute from which Deacon kicked two points. Bradford were direct and survived on quick ruck plays and clear surrender tackles, while some of Les Cats' play was breathtaking.

The first try was one of the best I've seen, with the ball travelling through eight or nine pairs of hands, from left to right, quick draw and pass to set up a last tackle ruck from which Les Cats scored off of Jones's kick.

Then Chan dropped it in his own 30 metres and Bradford scored.

Then McGuire produced the mother of all offloads, a spectacular round the corner effort at high speed that sent Greenshields away, setting up an attack close to the Bulls line from whihc which McGuire's beautiful, long cut out ball found Bosc in at the corner.

Then a superb Guisset break found Wilson, who found Gossard who then produced another superb offload to Wilson who made it into the corner. Three outrageously good RL tries.

A strong Vagana run then put Deacon over and Bradford got into the game more.

Les Cats had lots of chances but blew them all, one when Greenshields only had to pass to a two man overlap but instead tried to commit the last defender and off-load round the corner, only to drop it forward. That was the crucial play of the match.

Wicked, wicked match.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Thanks for the clips.

It makes you wonder how strong the Catalan team would be with all players available.

Lets hope next year they are, could be an omen, Super League X111 :crazy:

bartman

Immortal
They've done very well in season 2. Injuries is just one of those thing syou have to cope with some years more than others.

The way this competition is going, they are still a good chance for the top six. This year there seems to be only three sides that have been reliable winners most weeks (St Helens, Bradford, Leeds), instead of the usual five or so...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
bartman said:
They've done very well in season 2. Injuries is just one of those thing syou have to cope with some years more than others.

The way this competition is going, they are still a good chance for the top six. This year there seems to be only three sides that have been reliable winners most weeks (St Helens, Bradford, Leeds), instead of the usual five or so...

Yeah that's true, and you make a good point about the top 3 sides, Catalans have beat two of them already, the only one to touch them up was St Helens, it's not all over yet, but they need to start getting some players back and get some more consistency in their games.

screeny

Bench
With McGuire being injured I'm wondering whether Potter will have the balls to play Bosc at 6. Quigley, by the way, got through a ton of quality work, and apart from missing the tackle that led to Bradford's second try had a near perfect game.

winnyason

Juniors
the dragons have been unlucky this year, 77 minute loss to wigan 18 -16, forward pass loss to quins at mm 32 - 28 & now this one thing is for sure there have improved hugely in this season if makes you wonder what confidence the french boys will have by the world cup. they are improving every week.

i am sure cats luck will change & they will string a few together, results have helped them over the weekend they are still just 1 point of of top six there is little between places 11 to even wigan.

would love to see dragons sign whaturia or make a play at a high profile union outside back.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Sorry it took so long to post the pics everyone.

And thanks to rene and the guys at Rugbyforumxiii.com

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19154

catalans-2_104.jpg

catalans-1_178.jpg

Latest posts