What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centre Depth...

Mase

Juniors
This is a area where we have struggled to cover this year, however the signing of Daryl Millard i think has helped alot. Our backline depth is looking better each day with the likes of Emelio and Phelps getting more experience.

Next year we will have a strong centre pairing with:

3.Daryl Millard
4.Willie Tonga

With there backups:

3.Andrew Emelio
4.Cameron Phelps

And you cant forget our current PL centres, two guys who have heaps of potential:

3. CHRIS VAEFAGA
4. KARL McNICHOL

And we also have:

3.SBW
4.Maitua

if we need them to cover there.

2007 is looking good, but we have some unfinnished business in 2006.

Go the Doggies!!!!

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Definitely looking better in the backs. We've struggled this year a bit behind the forwards I reckon. Hopefully SBW can move into the 2nd row, that kid needs to see more ball and I reckon he'd really fulfill his potential.

What about our halves for next year? Shifty is way off his best - anyone have any thoughts? I heard a rumour we're losing Roberts, which is disappointing as I've been impressed by him. DJ is starting to hit his straps. The guy has an awesome kicking game.

But how would you rate our halves against other combos in the comp? Shifty needs to get more involved I reckon.

TBH, I think this is one area we might struggle a bit next year. However our forwards are just so strong, and with the depth in the backline now - its shaping up to be a good season!

i can see sherwin and holdsworth are starting to improve as a combo, our forwards are doing very well, although on current form this year we havent been consistent, im mostly refering to the last 5-6 weeks, its win one week, and lose the other week...

we have to find our balance, especially at this point we need to hit top gear coming home..

next week we should have our full squad back...

Mase

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
What about our halves for next year? Shifty is way off his best - anyone have any thoughts? I heard a rumour we're losing Roberts, which is disappointing as I've been impressed by him. DJ is starting to hit his straps. The guy has an awesome kicking game.

But how would you rate our halves against other combos in the comp? Shifty needs to get more involved I reckon.

TBH, I think this is one area we might struggle a bit next year. However our forwards are just so strong, and with the depth in the backline now - its shaping up to be a good season!

TBH, i like our depth in the halves. Daniel Holdsworth and Brent Sherwin IMO are getting better each week and i think they will continue to improve as they get more game time together.

We got Benny Roberts, Marvin Karawana, Issac Luke, Billy Ngwaini who can all cover that 5/8 & Halfback position.

Roberts will continue to improve at our club as long as he continues to learn of the likes of Terry Lamb and Brent Sherwin. And i think the test match he played of Tuesday where he played alongside Stacey Jones would have helped.

I'm happy with the depth in the halves with an in-form Brent Sherwin, the ever improving Daniel Holdsworth and Ben Roberts and guys like Karawana and Luke, i think we'll be alright next year.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Maitua can cover the 5/8th too... Though I'm just not convinced he's really a 5/8th in the true sense of the word!

DJ is a gun. I really rate him and think there's a lot of potential there. I guess my concern is, to be honest, Sherwin. He was awesome in 2004, and has been rock solid over the years. I'm just still not convinced he's back to his best.

I think there are rumours of Roberts leaving - though they might be just that (rumours).

richies

Juniors
millard isnt going to push phelphs out of his position
he aint that good in attack just ok

chris andrew and karl are all off contract this year

Dogaholic

First Grade
Phelps ain't too crash hot in attack either. If Millard hasn't got much to offer in attack, my question is...why did we sign him? (I have not seen him play at all)

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Millard is approximately 10 million times better than Phelps.

I haven't really rated Phelps. Only credit I'll give him is that he is better than Cutler.

Does anyone actually honestly believe that either Phelps or Cutler would get a run in any other FG side?

bluenwhite

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
Phelps ain't too crash hot in attack either. If Millard hasn't got much to offer in attack, my question is...why did we sign him? (I have not seen him play at all)
i've seen him play a few times and i thought he was great. he's much better than cameron phelps in attack and is solid in defence.

and yes, cameron phelps and trent cutler would make FG at another club. :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Seriously, you have to bring Cutler into EVERY discussion. GET OVER IT!

bluenwhite

Juniors
Timmah said:
Seriously, you have to bring Cutler into EVERY discussion. GET OVER IT!
i was answering somebody elses question you drop kick. i can understand why so many people hate you in this forum, you're an idiot and you're so effing up yourself it's not funny.

Mase

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Does anyone actually honestly believe that either Phelps or Cutler would get a run in any other FG side?

Trent Cutler - Yes.
Cameron Phelps - No.

Latest posts