What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Cup in Australia

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
Do you think a knock out cup competition would take off in Australia?
I think it would be a great idea at all levels as it gives teams not fighting for finals footy something to play for and also allows a more expansive type of rugby league to be played.

Timbo

Staff member
I think it would be a great idea at all levels as it gives teams not fighting for finals footy something to play for and also allows a more expansive type of rugby league to be played.

Basically what the Amco Cup used to be.

The players already complain about the amount of football being played. It'd never get off the ground.

NRL needs to get to a stage where they play one game a season. The utter best 17 vs the most best 17.

One game, winner takes all.

Even then, I'd guess both teams would be based in Sydney.

mongoose

Coach
I would be interested. Would love to see Redcliffe beat an NRL team, assuming some QLD and NSW cup sides would be in it.

POPEYE

Coach
Bring back Western Division to play the NRL Bottom 8's . . . give country a fair go

Travitoh

First Grade

The biggest issue is that NSW/Qld cup is a reserve grade compared to just being a different division, so what happens to the NRL contracted players at that level?

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
RL being played on only 4 days a week is clearly not enough...
Not about the amount of rugby but the type .
For me the Nrl has too many boring games that are a grind ,
My answer is the same as it was in the last 964 threads on this topic.
You must have a interesting life if you have replied 964 times to the same topic. Time to get off the porkpies mate and get some exercise

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
Basically what the Amco Cup used to be.

The players already complain about the amount of football being played. It'd never get off the ground.
If they scrapped the 9s then there is a possibilty, didnt they say Origin would never work?( honestly not sure on the answer, only been in Oz 5 years)

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
The biggest issue is that NSW/Qld cup is a reserve grade compared to just being a different division, so what happens to the NRL contracted players at that level?
Fair point and honestly not sure what would be the best solution to that?(not something that happens in the UK)but do you think it would be good to see lower grade teams get a crack at the big boys and cause the occasional upset?

I live in Victoria and will be trying to get a cup going at junior level over the next few years

Latest posts