What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of away jersey?

Ribs

Bench
Saw the petition ont he Jubilee Ave site but to be honest, Ill be quite happy to get rid of the where's wally strip. I think we look like a bunch of candy canes when we wear that get up and I just cant like it no matter how hard I try.

I realise that there is historical significance to this strip but i think it looks far from intimidating. I prefer the Steelers commemorative one we smashed the Panthers in..........

What does everyone think??

Southernsaint

Staff member
I'm not a fan of away strips as a concept, let alone changing the one Saints already have now. Hell, we wore the B & B against Souths last year, a club with which the Red Vee has never clashed before.

But if the Brand is to have one, I'd prefer it to be a simple design a la the Blood & Bandages rather than the pathetic dogs breakfasts that are the ANZAC & Charity Shield jersies.

I was always convinced that this "one off ( :roll: ) Steelers Heritage Day" jersey was the thin end of the wedge to make the Steelers jersey the away strip.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
ha ha I think I could have written your response to that one......

I was sceptical when I first heard of the Steelers commemorative jumper too but when I saw it I liked it.

Agreed though, Id prefer to wear the V every game if possible.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ribs said:
ha ha I think I could have written your response to that one......
I was sceptical when I first heard of the Steelers commemorative jumper too but when I saw it I liked it.

Agreed though, Id prefer to wear the V every game if possible.

LOL, I'm nothing if not consistent ;-)

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
The decision to use the Steelers promo jersey was divisive in the end. I'd like to see the Red V at every match and make it non-negotiable in that regard.