What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Charity Shield

The Whippet

Juniors
Is the Charity Shield being broardcast on the Nine Network? I checked the TV guide but sometimes it's wrong.

The Whippet

Juniors
Yeah I'll be watching in Foxtel. I hoped that it would be on 9 because I like Rabs' commentary.

Well I guess that I'll be listening to Warren and Laurie on Fox Sport 1 at 7:30.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I thought it was on Nine last yr though... pretty pathetic on Nines part I think.

Poida_Raider

Bench
i'm pretty sure channel 9 cant be expected to put every rugby league game into their schedule.. i mean its a preseason game, plus its all about the crowds coming through the gate, so why would they put it on tv to take away some of that crowd.

gaterooze

Bench
I tellya, it looked like a lot more than 22k there... great crowd.

And that figure is especially good considering it was 8pm Valentines Day -- hardly a popular destination for that, is it?

Razor

Coach
Channel 9 can't show it.

It's not included in the rights deal 9 have, it's a seperate deal.

Fox Sports signed a 4 year deal for the game starting from last year.

And it's reasonable that Fox Sports does have a fair amount of exclusive content seeing as though they charge Foxtel/Austar $10 per customer, and Optus $8 per customer for the channel. If they show to much sport that is on fta, the providers will dump the channel - something Foxtel threatened to do 18 months ago unless Fox Sports lowered their fee (it was $11 per customer at the time)