What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel 9 commentary fair dinks!

dogslife

Coach
I am neither a canberra or tigers supporter but watching the channel 9 telecast tonight is painful are the commentators in love with benji marshall or what? the man can do no wrong apparently! He threw a pass some 4m forward in the first half and gus and the boys just about fell off their chairs praising the bloke. I think i might tune into the ABC for the second half its getting out of hand

I am neither a canberra or tigers supporter but watching the channel 9 telecast tonight is painful are the commentators in love with benji marshall or what? the man can do no wrong apparently! He threw a pass some 4m forward in the first half and gus and the boys just about fell off their chairs praising the bloke. I think i might tune into the ABC for the second half its getting out of hand

I know, it's insufferable.

Like watching a Bulldogs game with Ennis playing...

juanfarkall

Coach
or a parra game with hayne... or dogs with idris.

9 commentary has less credibility than robert finch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Marshall played well but there were 15 (Beau Ryan is excluded) other tigers out there putting in as well. What kind of name is Benji anyway, how old is he 4 years old?

Eels Dude

Coach
Funniest was Phil Gould talking up what a great decision it was for Canberra to aim for a repeat set by putting it into the in goal saying what smart play... with 30 seconds to go before half time and the siren sounding before the dropout took place.

Marshall played well but there were 15 (Beau Ryan is excluded) other tigers out there putting in as well. What kind of name is Benji anyway, how old is he 4 years old?

Shouldn't it be 14 others then, we only used 16 players.

Bit harsh on Beau, apart from a few mistakes he played alright.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Benji was really good. He is always good against the Raiders. The big units have trouble with his inside balls.

He is no different from any high profile player. The 9 guys just wank off anyone with profile.

Still I had to "lol" at when Benji passed the ball a mile forward and Rabs was like that was a good ball by Marshall or something like that.

TheRev

First Grade
They called Benji out when he stuffed up.. and praised him when he did well, fine to me and im not a fan of his.

LazyDreamer

Bench

Not quite to the level of their Hayne/Idris wankfests, but annoying nonetheless. BTW, how bad were some of the refereeing decisions, most notably the penalty against Gallaway for "taking out the kicker's legs" and Learoyd-Lars for not getting off Gibbs?? And yet I'm assuming we're down to the 4 best refs...:shock:

SET2JT

Juniors
Not quite to the level of their Hayne/Idris wankfests, but annoying nonetheless. BTW, how bad were some of the refereeing decisions, most notably the penalty against Gallaway for "taking out the kicker's legs" and Learoyd-Lars for not getting off Gibbs?? And yet I'm assuming we're down to the 4 best refs...:shock:
The penalty against TLL was correct as you cannot go over the top of a player when trying to get back in the defensive line. He had to go to the side by the rule book.

They lavish Marshall with praise regardless of what he does. Commentators see everything through the prism of kids tales - ie one hero versus another hero, and disregard the achievements of everybody else.

LazyDreamer

Bench
The penalty against TLL was correct as you cannot go over the top of a player when trying to get back in the defensive line. He had to go to the side by the rule book.

The penalty was milked beautifully by Gibbs. What got me with it was that TLL was back in the defensive line & the ball played when the ref who was standing there all along gave the penalty. Reckon someone, somewhere was in his earpiece about it, despite the fact he was "right there".

It's the modern day version of the ref seeing something, calling play on, then the touchie running in from the opposite side to report the same non-incident, with the ref the obliged to give a penalty.

I guess this way's more subtle.

gallagher

Juniors
Funniest was Phil Gould talking up what a great decision it was for Canberra to aim for a repeat set by putting it into the in goal saying what smart play... with 30 seconds to go before half time and the siren sounding before the dropout took place.

That was Gould at his best. He didnt stop going on and on about how it was such a great play until the siren went. Yeah, super play Gus.

gronkathon

First Grade
Not as bad as that useless tub of goo Raymond on Fox. You would swear he bet everything he owned on the Raiders.

Daley I expect it from because he has proven himself an utter spastic time and again as a commentator, selector and coach. But Raymond usually appears to be even

Latest posts