What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

PB

Bench
A new season is upon us so time to start promoting a networks prime tv football show - Maybe they (Channel 9) will spend a bit of money, promote the game as well as the program.... What do they come up with? Brohman and Vautin's faces on two footballs and 15 seconds of fart jokes!!!!!!!! - seriously?! (oh wait seriously is the tag for another network)

What do the Nine network do to help this game? Dear god someone get the rights off this joke of an organisation!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
No doubt Mario will be back.

A complete waste of space.

Same old sh*t.

In years gone by, I've sledged the footy show but would still tune in. No more. From last year, i simply lost interest. I see Mario Fenech, remembered as a passionate, committed, tough footballer - now a laughing stock, the butt of jokes. All we saw over years is Matt Johns, Brohman, Vautin all trying to establish careers as comedians - but it's all become tired, boring.

The only interesting thing about the Footy Show last year was the ClintDogg thread when he had a crack at DJVege last year.

cleary89

Coach
Am I the only one here who likes it? What else do you guys watch on tv? Better homes and Gardens or some sh*t...

Hutty1986

Immortal
Am I the only one here who likes it? What else do you guys watch on tv? Better homes and Gardens or some sh*t...

A brother can't even spruce his house and garden up without copping flack?

Fair crack of the whip, cleary!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hopefully the new Channel 10 show on before it will satisfy the need for Rugby League talk before the weekends games.

As for the footyshow, while Vautin is hosting the show, I won't be watching it. It really needs a new host in a new format, and some of the other dead wood on the show removed.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Maybe they could put a post-it note on his back that says "kick me" or cover him in flour. That would be the best.

Oh yes! That would be all time! And you know what would make it even radder? Some sexual innuendos about his mum.

They've still got my vote at Channel Nine. They really move with the times at Frnchs Forest.

cleary89

Coach
A brother can't even spruce his house and garden up without copping flack?

Fair crack of the whip, cleary!

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I find the AFL footy show better, and you don't watch it because you want intelligent football talk. But its still watchable and its not as bad as most of the other crap on tv.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can tolerate it, I certainly don't love it and don't go out of my way to watch it, but I usually flick it on as I drift off to sleep......unless Brohman is on. Seriously, the bloke is painful to watch and listen to. I just don't understand how he's etched out a career in the media. I'm not about taking pot-shots for the sake of it, I genuinely do not understand his appeal. Is there someone on here who enjoys him that could explain it to me?

nrlnrl

First Grade

Fair enough - each to their own, but I just don't waste my time watching it these days. If there's nothing worthwhile on Foxtel at that time, I'll watch something from IQ or a DVD.

It's similar to people who listen to 2GB's Continuous Call. I heard it a couple of times & it was full of stupid in-jokes, boring talkback callers & "songs". No thanks !

nrlnrl

First Grade
Oh yes! That would be all time! And you know what would make it even radder? Some sexual innuendos about his mum.

They've still got my vote at Channel Nine. They really move with the times at Frnchs Forest.

What's at Frenchs Forest ?

cleary89

Coach
I can tolerate it, I certainly don't love it and don't go out of my way to watch it, but I usually flick it on as I drift off to sleep......unless Brohman is on. Seriously, the bloke is painful to watch and listen to. I just don't understand how he's etched out a career in the media. I'm not about taking pot-shots for the sake of it, I genuinely do not understand his appeal. Is there someone on here who enjoys him that could explain it to me?

I like him on the continuous call or on the radio. But channel 9 brought him on for comedy, so he's over doing it and trying too hard.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And for another year people will whinge and cry about TFS and Continuous Call team... and for another year the same whingers will continue to watch and listen in order to criticise said shows.

Funny stuff.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fortunately it isn't on till 1am here so isn't damaging the opinion of the public about RL!

Theres no doubt the footy show has gone downhill over time but it's still good value for late night thursday tv i mean its an NRL show stop ya whinging

Latest posts