What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 starts the year in breach of contract

Quidgybo

Bench
Roy's article doesn't say it's restricted to Friday night games only
Nor does it say it isn't. The game is being played on an non standard day, it is not unreasonable to conjecture that non standard conditions may apply.

Leigh.

nqboy

First Grade
It's either breathtaking arrogance or breathtaking stupidity on Nein's part and neither would be surprising.

docbrown

Coach
It applies to any day but it's never enforced. Now is the time to get Nine to make this concessions whilst they have smell of fear on them. If Nine makes the concessions then the other networks will have to make the concessions and despite what people proclaim it won't reduce the deal by one cent.

RWB

Bench
It applies to any day but it's never enforced. Now is the time to get Nine to make this concessions whilst they have smell of fear on them. If Nine makes the concessions then the other networks will have to make the concessions and despite what people proclaim it won't reduce the deal by one cent.

What's your source?

Not questioning the legitimacy of it, just out of pure curiosity.

RWB..If you go back through the TV rights thread ..its a long read..you will realise that Doc is rarely wrong .
He is very accurate in a lot of his predictions..
As for his source..That is up to him to tell ,but from what you read in his posts he moves in the same circles as the media.

docbrown

Coach
RWB..If you go back through the TV rights thread ..its a long read..you will realise that Doc is rarely wrong .
He is very accurate in a lot of his predictions..
As for his source..That is up to him to tell ,but from what you read in his posts he moves in the same circles as the media.

Well I need to know what I'm talking about otherwise I'd be in trouble.

We can't all be sleeping with a News boss and be as clueless as Bourbon Becky.

juanfarkall

Coach
Wonder if the contract says anything about games being shown live.
merkins at Nein have decided to broadcast the season opener into Qld on a 1 hour delay (likely plus ads).
Whilst it is a blip on the horizon compared to the treatment of Rugby League fans outside of Qld and NSW, it is an indication of how highly they value the game that recycled outrage (ACA) and some US shitcom are given higher priority.

Von

Juniors
Agree Juan.

Delayed football on TV in this day and age is a joke!
It would be better to kick-off the Knights game at 8pm NSW time, which would be 7pm Qld time.
Then Nein could show the game live in Qld.

But that would be too simple.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
They sell "Live Sportsbetting" advertisements and then they delay the coverage:crazy:. As a punter i find delayed sports coverage intollerable. I won't be watching it.

Channel Nein not playing the game til 1.00am tonight in Melbourne.

Has there been any explanation as to why they aren't showing it on their other digital channels?

These merkins have to go.

For anyone in Melbourne wanting to watch the game live, it is on at The College Lawn Hotel, Prahran.

Kirky

Juniors
Maybe you if derps in QLD had daylight saving it wouldn't be delayed

this.

I'm not sure if it was just a joke, but I remember during the last debate they held on adopting it that one of the chief concerns Nth QLDers had was the effects that an extra hour of sunlight would have on crops.

The unspoken logic of that thought pattern being that digital watches are apparently capable of slowing the rotation of specific sections of the Earth :crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
It also throws out the milking times of the cows.
Of course, they all wear watches.

Suity

Latest posts