What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9's Disgraceful coverage of finals

spacemanspiff

Juniors
STC is a halfwit who doesnt have a clue what he's talking about. I live and breathe league and I live in Melbourne. I had no idea there was a screening on in town. I found a pub that streamed Imparja from Darwin and watched it there with a whole bunch of other league fans.

We do everything we can to watch the game, we are just as passionate league fans as you are, you have no idea what we go through, so jam your 2005 DVD where it fits.
Douche

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
STC is a halfwit who doesnt have a clue what he's talking about. I live and breathe league and I live in Melbourne. I had no idea there was a screening on in town. I found a pub that streamed Imparja from Darwin and watched it there with a whole bunch of other league fans.

We do everything we can to watch the game, we are just as passionate league fans as you are, you have no idea what we go through, so jam your 2005 DVD where it fits.
Douche

It fits very nicely into my DVD player thanks.

Expat are we?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
1986 is so long ago :)

So, I don't care because I actually like the game of RL more than my team, if my team wins the GF, I'm over the moon, if they get another spoon, better luck next year, I'm an eels fan, I'm use to all the crap that comes with it and I wouldn't change a damn thing.

You have put nothing but sh*t on the Storm non stop and praised AFL instead, well if the AFL is so bloody great, follow it, i'm sure 1 more person will help out seeing as the ratings for the Warriors match let alone the Storm match after midnight nearly beat the prime time AFL game in Sydney over the weekend.

You say the Storm are sh*t, well whats that say about AFL in Sydney and Brisbane who have had local comps for over 100 years and pro teams for well over 20 years?

Compared to the Storm, it's pitiful.

Your name isn't Ray hadley by any chance?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
So, I don't care because I actually like the game of RL more than my team, if my team wins the GF, I'm over the moon, if they get another spoon, better luck next year, I'm an eels fan, I'm use to all the crap that comes with it and I wouldn't change a damn thing.

You have put nothing but sh*t on the Storm non stop and praised AFL instead, well if the AFL is so bloody great, follow it, i'm sure 1 more person will help out seeing as the ratings for the Warriors match let alone the Storm match after midnight nearly beat the prime time AFL game in Sydney over the weekend.

You say the Storm are sh*t, well whats that say about AFL in Sydney and Brisbane who have had local comps for over 100 years and pro teams for well over 20 years?

Compared to the Storm, it's pitiful.

Your name isn't Ray hadley by any chance?

I don't know what you are driving at? I couldn't give a flying sh@#t about AFL. They can bugger off to Melbourne, Tassie, Adelaide and Perth etc for all I care.

I don't resent them having their code that is all.

By the way. I love my team more than rugby league. Balmain Tigers forever.

parano1a

Juniors
They have nothing to do in Melbourne other than watch AFL. It is what they do.

I spoke to countless Melburnians on Saturday night who were bored by the one-sided Hawks-Saints prelim and were interested in the night's league game. Sadly they weren't given the opportunity to watch of the year's best sporting contests. Many would've flicked over to watch the Broncos-Storm game if it was on Nine. It's hard to watch a blockbuster NRL game when it's not on until after most people's bedtime.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I spoke to countless Melburnians on Saturday night who were bored by the one-sided Hawks-Saints prelim and were interested in the night's league game. Sadly they weren't given the opportunity to watch of the year's best sporting contests. Many would've flicked over to watch the Broncos-Storm game if it was on Nine. It's hard to watch a blockbuster NRL game when it's not on until after most people's bedtime.

The thing is, I agree with you. I think AFL is very one sided. But I've grown up with league and my own team. Observation leads me to believe that the AFL mob don't care.

I am not the enemy. AFL is a stupid and tiresome game. It seems to consist of kicking short and kicking long. Talk about boring... However, they see something in it that we don't.

fin1

Juniors
Living in WA channel nine are a bunch of arseholes they buy the rights and dont screen it until after midnight it should be use it or loose it... We are trying to grow the game we love and those f....ers are doing there best to make sure that dosent happen. All year we have seen Saturday and most Sunday games live on Fox with Friday games delayed couple hours but come the finals when you REALLY want to see the games live we cant because of Channel 9 sux bigtime NRL need to do something quick!!

j5o6hn

Juniors
I find it interesting theat STC seems to think anyone who likes RL in WA,SA,VIC is an expat,love to know how he works that out, I played RL in Perth against and with teams who were over 80% locals,
I was born in WA starting playing league in 64,followed it ever since,or is he one of the ones who want league to return to a Sydney Comp where he can watch it alone on the hill at Balmain,because thats what he will be alone

Brutus

Referee
Disgusting AFL tv ratings in Sydney.

Only ex-pats bother watching as the ratings prove. Although the numbers are so low, you wonder if the ex-pats are even watching.

I think people are getting confused.
STC has a point, 1000 fans to turn up to the LIVE screening is pretty p*ss poor, although it shouldn't have to come to that.

The only point STD has is covered by his hair.

1,000 fans turning up to an unnanounced, non-advertised screening is reasonable.

I'm sure the pub was happy with the turnout.

I don't know what you are driving at? I couldn't give a flying sh@#t about AFL. They can bugger off to Melbourne, Tassie, Adelaide and Perth etc for all I care.

I don't resent them having their code that is all.

By the way. I love my team more than rugby league. Balmain Tigers forever.

You're an AFL fan pretending to be a, well, a Balmain fan FFS?

:lol:

Channel 9 coverage has been garbage,and garbage for a long time.Stretching from the production right down to the commentators.It needs a make over urgently as well as fresh new commentators (exception P.Stering)I will go as far as saying the British sky coverage sh*ts all over channel 9,especially around Finals time wher Sky's whole prodction, ie camera angles,professional interviews (not the sh*t we get served up by M.Johns and co) with players and coaching staff really comes to the fore ,and outshines Channel 9.

Last edited:

Latest posts