What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

Quigs

Immortal
If anyone is in the slightest bit interested you can read my post / thread here. If I relayed my sentiments in this forum I would be banned.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=401583

Basically as of from last night I will not watch another Friday Night Footy on Channel Nein while they try to force feed me the Donkeys every Friday Night.

If you live north of the Tweed it is now apparently a crime according to Nein, the Courier Mail Murdoch Rag and the NRL, to support any side other than the Donkeys. We get it at 7.30pm with that moron Hadley ....

They can stick their Friday Night Footy as far as I am concerned. Ive had enough. I have just got a T Box and I will watch the replays ad free if i so desire.

Bretto

Bench
I think Hadley must be reading this forum, because his commentary of the Broncos game on Friday night was utterly bad. To the point where it sounded as if he wasn't even interested for parts of the game. The setups for Lockyer are terrible, he'll give him a setup, and the only real answer will be, "Yeah." How about ask him his thoughts on the contest? He's only one of the best players to ever play the game.

Voss last week for the local Brisbane game was great. Him and Ben Ikin make a great team. Little bits of comedy added in too. Voss knows all the local players names, knows where they're from, knows their story, knows their families names, where they grew up etc etc. It's so refreshing.

no name

Coach
Voss last week for the local Brisbane game was great. Him and Ben Ikin make a great team. Little bits of comedy added in too. Voss knows all the local players names, knows where they're from, knows their story, knows their families names, where they grew up etc etc. It's so refreshing.

I guess he has a lot more time on his hands to do research now he has been cut from anything else to do with 9.
But even when he had his other roles he knew far more about players than most, if not all, commentators. He genuinely loves the game and is interested in players backgrounds and relays relevant stories to viewers.

For Hadley it's just another two hour gig to get some extra cash, calls it like it's a radio broadcast and barely lets anyone get a word in edgeways.

Brutus

Referee

Voss is a true fan of the game and brings a professional attitude no matter what tier of the game he is calling. I think it's awesome he is giving the Intrust Super Cup the respect it deserves. I like it when he talks about Wynnum-Manly and can name many of their great players from the past.

That's the difference.

The other bloke is inexperienced on TV and hardly comes across as professional. And has about as much interest in rugby league than Frank Lowy has.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
From what I heard Voss was/is a complete workaholic. He'd put in massive hours to research the players and teams he was commentating on next.

At times he annoyed me but gee compared to Rabs and especially Hadley he's the greatest commentator ever.

Someone would assume he's rooted both the mothers and wives of every channel 9 decision maker. I just can't understand how he's been demoted and replaced by someone who is so clearly inferior to him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Watching the game right now.

They were interviewing John Grant from the sideline and just cut in with an ad for The Block. For a delayed telecast that is just poor.

It's just the chairman of the Independent Commision......who cares?

F*ck Channel 9.

Once Dead

Bench
Watching the game right now.

They were interviewing John Grant from the sideline and just cut in with an ad for The Block. For a delayed telecast that is just poor.

It's just the chairman of the Independent Commision......who cares?

F*ck Channel 9.

Seconded