What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nein, Nick's Nobs vs Dessie's Dogs

I know it's been said many many times before but I am so over the Nein commentary.

The communal batting off over Lattrell Mitchell and other things were ridiculous. Yeah he's good but he ain't that good. The crap that was sprouted by bee sting head over that try that he laid on the kick for was borderline hysteria. Take a look at that kick, he kicks it off his shin. If he meant that I'll gladly take Adele on a date.
Then new pretty boy claimed that try will be on highlight reels for years to come. WTF??? I've backed out prettier efforts after a night on the turps.

Then ole bee sting head and his yay roosters mantra was freaking constant. They penalised the roosters for being in front of the kicker once and they replayed it and "the 5 year feckstick" said oh that's play on. Only to be told by another commentator that Mitchell Pearce was right there on the replay 1600 yards off side.

Fair dinkum it's almost enough for me to join uncle Ruperts mob!!!

Rant over

SharkShocked

Bench
I don't know why anyone would ever watch Channel 9 if Fox is available.

And if it isn't - i'd rather watch the score update on my phone periodically rather than watch the game itself.

Eion

First Grade
They are awful. Bee sting begins just about every sentence with 'as I said'. Well, you've already said it STFU.

He's single handedly taken the pennies from a team I liked to one I want to watch fail.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I agree, it was not a high class game - plenty of error but Guzzy Gouldy was screaming this is a top game continuously - bullshit.

Latrell Mitchell shows talent but a long way off Johns & Guzzy's rants plus at this stage he can't tackle.

Card Shark

Immortal
It took us 26 rounds, 2 finals & a GF & we didn't get as much love.

It's sickening.

Had to laugh when Gould said the 2 opening roosters tries were great. They were ok but both off kicks...straight away that makes them not great imo.

We scored some great tries last year. No comparison.

M2D2

Bench
I watch on mute these days, yet i go to games with sports ears. Go figure.

Quigs

Immortal
I have not watched a game live on tv since our win against the Clappers in the finals.
Even that was at a club with no sound.
My interest has waned somewhat

Yes my friend, I can relate to all of that. I have watched the games on the TV but it is only because there is nothing but crap on the other stations.

They are hopeless.

The NRL had to haul 9 in and explain that their commentary team was essentially talking the game down with their constant belittling of referees, the rules etc and told them to start pumping the game up.

They've now gone a long way the other way.

Heaven forbid they just present a professional, slick footy call.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I dont have fox, but i remember year back when did, you could listen to the ref, at least not hearing the commentators.

But i do get fox coverage another way

Card Shark

Immortal
I normally don't mind Joey's comments but had to laugh last night when he was talking about SKD & his (poor) handling, saying he's has a bad night with his hands, like its the first time.

Joey...he does it every week mate!

Quigs

Immortal
The Nein commentary last night was absolute shit. I lost count of how many times I hit the mute button.

Honestly I thought I was listening the World Wrestling Commentary team for most of the game. The way they were carrying on.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Smith and Brandy were good last night I thought. Can only imagine what Bee Sting and Joey would have been like with last nights game.

What a game it was though.