What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Ten -Matt Seers

yes he signed for the sharks today

didnt say anything about him playing this week
there was some talk that he might get a start in premier league

bluemazda

Juniors
ShireShark said:
yes he signed for the sharks today

didnt say anything about him playing this week
there was some talk that he might get a start in premier league

how long did he sign for ?

Fin077

Juniors
I dont like to play the "devil's advocate" but could the club have signed Matty Seers because they're worried that Peach may have lost his touch and is prone to those hammy problems?

Can anyone think of any other reason why they would sign him? :?

Sharkie73

Bench
He's an option for 5\8 if Birdy can't be taught to pass the bloody ball :D plus he can play all positions in the back line. He might be handy on the bench

Macca

Coach
For some reason there is something tugging at my memory that Seers used to kick goals. Does anyone remember that?

In the teams he's been in, Taylor, Caine and Field have all kicked ahead of Seers.

What about this from the official site, they cant even spell his name correctly. Bloody amateurs, who is running this club?

Sharks sign Sears

The Sharks have signed former State of Origin fullback Matt Sears to a one-year contract.

The 29-year-old Sears played for NSW in both the 1995 and 1997 Origin campaigns, also being
named the Norwich Rising Star in 1994. He played for the North Sydney Bears from 1993-1999, the Wests Tigers from 2000-2002 and had a year with the Wakefield Trinity Club in the UK in 2003.

One of the leading fullbacks in the NRL competition during the mid 1990's, Sears can also capably handle the wing, centre and five-eighth positions. He endured a frustring season with injury at Wakefield in 2003 and hopes to resurrect his career at the Sharks.

"I was looking for an opportunity and they approached me about joining the club, so it has worked out well," Sears said on Friday shortly after signing on the dotted line. "It's a good club so I'm looking forward to helping them out. I want to finish my career on a good note."

Sears will begin training with the Sharks on Monday and the coaching staff are planning to rush him into Premier League for the first home game against Manly on Saturday March 27.

This weekend the Sharks face a tough assignment against the Bulldogs. The match will be played at the Sydney Showground with the NRL match kicking off at 7.30pm. The Sharks are coming off a narrow loss to the Wests Tigers in round one, while the Bulldogs scored a convincing victory over the Parramatta Eels in their first match of the 2004 season.

Sharkie73

Bench
Seers is still very quick of the mark :D He might be a good choise for 5/8 remember the last quick half / 5\8 we had I belive Preston was his name and how much damage he caused with his pass :clap: :clap:

Sharkie73

Bench
What I'm saying McSharkie is Bird didn't have a bad game but if you have someone (Seers) with both experiance, speed and skill wouldn't you us them in a position where we seem to be lacking any creativity. At the moment bird is still running, stepping back into the defence and not passing. Bird will be a great player, but I belive but he is lacking something at the moment.

Macca

Coach
I'll tell you what he is lacking. Players in support. He goes into tackles and comes up with his arms free with no one running off him.

Sharkie73

Bench
Hey McSharkie your real name is Bird isn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: But to answer your last post, During the Tigers game he had someone out side him everytime he ran the ball and a couple of times if he had passed instead of trying to step through the defence we had over laps. Pass or not to pass its just an experiance thing that he will learn with time.