What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield thoughts

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
I was just wondering if it could be a good idea to move the charity shield from a pre season trial to a comp game?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Nah, it's be impolite since this is Souths fans public holiday.

_1_17-0071_l.jpg

watatank

Coach
I think it gets enough coverage as it is in the preseason mind you people are more likely to go during the season so it could be worth looking at.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Nah, you need a game at the start of the year independent of the season so Dave Taylor can talk up Souths prospects for winning the competition.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's a healthy drawcard for a trial. Money speaks in this case. Plus there's a tradition to uphold.

The same size crowd will show up to a Saints v 50uff$ game regardless.

gypsy

Bench
I do like it in the pre-season. It's good value watching a Dragons team at half pace still beat 50uff$ who are playing their GF.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Plus it's televised, usually. For those who can't get to the game it's a good opportunity to see a good portion of the squad get a run.

_snafu_

Immortal
Actually, a better thought would be to ensure the game is played on the Saturday immediately following the Thursday they pay the dole. That way Souffs fans have enough money to buy a ticket before they blow it pokies, methylated spirits and Stones Green Ginger wine.

Bring back choc

Juniors
When Gaz did his pec i was of the opinion it should be in regular season... but injuries can happen in any trial. So that ended that thought.

Leave it alone i say.

Latest posts