What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheesy Storm make me sick

If you're a fan of rugby league you will support the Storm fans and team. Otherwise you aren't a rugby league fan - you're simply a fan of a club. I love Penrith but I love rugby league more. Melbourne is vital to rugby league's future.

I can support the Storm fans in keeping Rugby League viable in Victoria long term, but would never support the Storm team in its current incarnation.

After the greatest club-induced blight on the game, they showed humility for about five minutes; whereby now they are back to the same old arrogance that they are renown for.

Talking about legal appeals to re-instate their non-premierships, and to be allowed to play for points this season.

What a f*cking disgraceful joke.

So, let me get this straight - they render the last five seasons of Rugby League effectively null and void, because nobody can work out the permutations of what would have occurred if the club hadn't embarked upon the biggest instance of criminal fraud known to the game, and the players and club effectively don't want to cop any punishment for it?

Perhaps the best way forward is to de-register the Storm, take the necessary time and start a new Victorian club based out of Melbourne, with a playing roster that has some acceptable minimum of ex-Storm players.

The true Rugby League fans of Melbourne, would no doubt adopt this team - otherwise they would only be "fans of a club" and not "fans of Rugby League", as you have put it.

taxidriver

Coach
I can support the Storm fans in keeping Rugby League viable in Victoria long term, but would never support the Storm team in its current incarnation.

After the greatest club-induced blight on the game, they showed humility for about five minutes; whereby now they are back to the same old arrogance that they are renown for.

Talking about legal appeals to re-instate their non-premierships, and to be allowed to play for points this season.

What a f*cking disgraceful joke.

So, let me get this straight - they render the last five seasons of Rugby League effectively null and void, because nobody can work out the permutations of what would have occurred if the club hadn't embarked upon the biggest instance of criminal fraud known to the game, and the players and club effectively don't want to cop any punishment for it?

Perhaps the best way forward is to de-register the Storm, take the necessary time and start a new Victorian club based out of Melbourne, with a playing roster that has some acceptable minimum of ex-Storm players.

The true Rugby League fans of Melbourne, would no doubt adopt this team - otherwise they would only be "fans of a club" and not "fans of Rugby League", as you have put it.

he shoots, he scores

:clap::clap::clap:

gronkathon

First Grade
De-registering the Storm would do nothing but damage the game itself.

Obviously a board cleanout is going to occur along with a front office clean out that is a major start.

The next steps should be IMO

* Full investigation of the books of all clubs. Lets get this done now and done properly and install better checks and balances for the future

* As soon as viable seek prosecution against Waldron and bury this germ ASAP. He will throw volumes of mud until he is a proven fraud and his opinion becomes pointless.

* Investigate every player managers books and bank records. Make it a condition of accreditation that they submit to these processes.

Only once all of this is complete should a review of the salary cap be conducted. Start from a clean sheet and, in consultation with all clubs agree on the terms for a new cap. Make it conditional in terms of money on how much money is secured for the new TV deal.

Even if every other club is found to be cheating the game there is no way that the Storm should be granted back their premierships as nothing will change the admitted facts that the Storm (management only at this stage) cheated the game and deserve nothing.

matt

Juniors
If you're a fan of rugby league you will support the Storm fans and team. Otherwise you aren't a rugby league fan - you're simply a fan of a club. I love Penrith but I love rugby league more. Melbourne is vital to rugby league's future.

:lol: FMD.

_Johnsy

Referee

Bullshyte,

I support & feel for the Storm fans.

The club can get farked as far as I am concerned, the cheating merkins.

matt

Juniors
A vote for the News LTD Storm is a vote for having a Media empire white ant the game of RL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great article, pretty sums up how i feel ATM. I feel sorry for the fans and the players that had no idea what was going on but at the end of the day my club and everyone elses club where cheated by these holier than thou Merkins.

Jono1987

Juniors
Agree with the article. I do feel sorry for Storm fans, but no other party associated with the Storm at the moment. If the players are cleared completely of any wrong-doing, then I might re-assess my position. More infuriating is the chorus of ex-players, coaches and current players comming out in the media and changing the tide of anger and frustration from the Storm to the NRL. This alone is why we need some journo's to state the bleeding obvious.