What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea wrap up spending spree :: Two more signings

El Coconuto

Bench
Chelsea have signed second string Tottenham keeper Neil Sullivan to a two year contract whilst having agreed to a fee and personal terms with Real Madrid for the signature of French midfielder Claude Makalele estimated to be in the region of £13.8million.

Your thoughts and opinions?

For the record, assuming we do sign Makalele, here's what Chelsea's spending spree will look like:

(in order of signing)

Glen Johson (West Ham) - £6m
Wayne Bridge (Southampton) - £7m
Damien Duff (Blackburn) - £17m
Geremi (Real Madrid) - £7m
Juan Sebastian Veron (Manchester United) - £15m
Joe Cole (West Ham) - £6.6m
Adrian Mutu (Parma) - £15.8m
Alexi Smertin (Bordeaux) - £3.45m
Hernan Crespo (Inter Milan) - £16.8m
Claude Makalele (Real Madrid) - £13.8m

Total: £108.45m

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I wonder what Geremi thinks of the Makelele transfer? He moved away from Real to get out from under his shadow, and now Makelele has moved to Chelsea as well.

Very good buy in my opinion. Although the price is a bit high for a 30 year old who only had one year left on his contract. But this is Chelsea we're talking about. :roll:

Louis Lambert

Juniors
Looks as though Chelski may yet bolster their defence by acquiring Chivu from Ajax.

In a bizarre saga that makes the South Sydney's management look good, it seems those crooks over at Roma, after signing Chivu, couldn't come up with the funds to pay for his transfer. Now he's being offered around to clubs that actually can come up with the necessary bank guarantees ...

I'm still ambivalent towards the whole let's-try-to-buy-the-championship scenario. The talent pool is big enough to not spend up big.

Think about it: Would you get Crespo for £16.8 or Manis Lamond for £5,000? I rest my case.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Louis Lambert said:
Looks as though Chelski may yet bolster their defence by acquiring Chivu from Ajax.

In a bizarre saga that makes the South Sydney's management look good, it seems those crooks over at Roma, after signing Chivu, couldn't come up with the funds to pay for his transfer. Now he's being offered around to clubs that actually can come up with the necessary bank guarantees ...

I'm still ambivalent towards the whole let's-try-to-buy-the-championship scenario. The talent pool is big enough to not spend up big.

Think about it: Would you get Crespo for £16.8 or Manis Lamond for £5,000? I rest my case.

Chivu hasnt been offered to any clubs. He is still in Rome, waiting for the situation to be resolved. Roma maintain that they have handed in the guarantees two days ago, but Ajax said they have recieved nothing. Something fishy is going on. Why would Roma buy Chivu if they couldnt afford him??? A: They wouldnt.

They had the same paperwork problems when registering for the Serie A last week and that was resolved after it was found that the papers were forged by a 3rd party company. Lets hope the same happens here and Roma get to keep Chivu.

well does hybrid tiger stalk chivu then?
How do you know he is in rome?
By the way Makelele has been sold just in time for the transfer window for 16.8 million english pounds.
Not a bad bit of business from madrid, with that cash in January they can buy a centre half, they can survive until January without a decent centre back.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
well does hybrid tiger stalk chivu then?
How do you know he is in rome?
By the way Makelele has been sold just in time for the transfer window for 16.8 million english pounds.
Not a bad bit of business from madrid, with that cash in January they can buy a centre half, they can survive until January without a decent centre back.

Seriously WTF is your problem??

You have a problem with everything i post here. If you dont like it then stiff sh!t buddy. I dont know who the f*ck you think you are, but your sh!t isnt welcome here.

And BTW you are WRONG about Makelele. There are problems with his pay at Real and it now looks unlikely that he will go to Chelsea.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
i am wrong?
Nah i was right as normal, Makelele has signed and shall wear the number 4 shirt.
So who looks stupid now? :D

The only person who looks stupid around here is you, attacking people for no reason.

Why dont you just do everyone a favour and f*ck off!

great come back there. :roll:
Any comment on the transfer then?
And for no reason? Pah you forget your rude comments to me in rleague then?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
great come back there. :roll:
Any comment on the transfer then?
And for no reason? Pah you forget your rude comments to me in rleague then?

Well, when you posted the Makelele transfer was complete, it wasnt. In fact, most news sites reported that the deal was highly unlikely to go through. So there.

As for your last comment, i seriously dont remember anything of what you are talking about. Your name does sound familiar though, but thats about it.

And even if it was true, get over it. It would have been like a year ago or something... :roll:

You obviously do not read the BBC teletext service as when that was written they had confirmed the deal.
So you are quite clearly talking upon a subject you do not know a lot about, hardly a surprise really when you are all confused about your nationality.
remember-italy is in Europe, you live in the south pacific, not Europe.
I live in Europe and by my reakoning the south pacific is nowhere near me, about 12000 miles away in actual fact.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
You obviously do not read the BBC teletext service as when that was written they had confirmed the deal.
So you are quite clearly talking upon a subject you do not know a lot about, hardly a surprise really when you are all confused about your nationality.
remember-italy is in Europe, you live in the south pacific, not Europe.
I live in Europe and by my reakoning the south pacific is nowhere near me, about 12000 miles away in actual fact.

:roll:

I'll make it standard practice to ignore you from now on.

Idiot.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
Chelsea should have brought another defender instead of Smertin and Geremi but then again they a have very good young defender in Huth(watch out for him in the future, he has a rocket of a shot similar to Tarnat)

El Coconuto

Bench
Robert Huth came through the ranks as a midfielder though. Once he makes the German side, it will be interesting to see whether he gets played in the mid or in defence. Has a blistering free kick as Aussie Knight already explained and will almost certainly captain Germany at some stage during his career. Will fit in perfectly with Chelsea once he comes into his own and Abramovich stops throwing money around.

Latest posts