What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chokers

Dogs Of War

Coach
Do you really want to go there sterling? How many times has your club choked since 1986? Once the dragons won there premiership, you guys took the mantle as biggest chokers.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Good to see some of your fellow supporters in previous posts on this thread can take defeat more graciously ! :clap:
Are you saying I'm not gracious in defeat? It seems you missed post #41 in this thread. Here's a little refresher (take note of the part I put in bold just for you)...

Mate, after the Storm choked last year, and all the salary cap stuff the year before, they were going in this year as not only favorites, but also the hungriest team in the comp. The Bulldogs were not even expected to make the top 8, let alone win the Minor Premiership and make it all the way to the grand final. The Bulldogs didn't really win this years minor premiership, rather the Storm lost it when the lost an unheard of 4 games in a row.

After all the bickering and drama in the past off season, we did what we do best, and that's get out and support our team. We knew that the Storm were favorites, we knew that they were the likely team to win, but, we were also proud of our team for achieving what they did in Haslers first season in charge, that victory itself was worth celebrating.

Congratulations to Melbourne, they won deservedly so, but saying that we had false hope is not the case.

Now as for Parramatta, I hope that the Eels are up there again next year in the top 8. I want the rivalry from the 80s to be lite up again. Despite the fact that the Bulldogs and Eels hate each other, there is respect between the 2 teams, and that is something that no one can ever take from either team.

Melbourne Storm now have a target on their chests for 2013, all of the teams and coaches will study them carefully and try to dissect them piece by piece for the 2013 season.

As for the Mighty Bulldogs and Eels... bring on 2013 :cool:

Dragons01

First Grade
At least if you are called chokers it indicates that there was at least some type of expectation there to begin with. That has to be better than no expectation on your team at all or the fact people hail it as a great season because you improved a few places and only just missed the 8 or your team finished 7th and everyone is excited.

Bulldog Force

Referee
At least if you are called chokers it indicates that there was at least some type of expectation there to begin with. That has to be better than no expectation on your team at all or the fact people hail it as a great season because you improved a few places and only just missed the 8 or your team finished 7th and everyone is excited.
Our expectations... they were that we'd be lucky to make the top 8, and lucky to survive the first rounds of the finals. We not only made the top 8, we won the Minor Premiership, then we not only survived the first week of the finals, we qualified for the Grand Final. We exceeded all expectations. We didn't win the big one, but you can barely call that a choke considering we weren't favorites. Melbourne would've been chokers if they lost.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists to Chokers and biters! A week is a long time in footy. The Bullgrubs are back where they belong, family club my arse.

At least we got the MP and made the GF before choking... what happened to your mob last season? ;)

you guys choked big time .....

thats enough for me.

ill throw in 2007 and 2009 aswell .....

choking club if I ever saw one!!!!:lol:

Yes, because an Eels fan calling anyone else a choker is relevant :lol:

Dragons01

First Grade
Our expectations... they were that we'd be lucky to make the top 8, and lucky to survive the first rounds of the finals. We not only made the top 8, we won the Minor Premiership, then we not only survived the first week of the finals, we qualified for the Grand Final. We exceeded all expectations. We didn't win the big one, but you can barely call that a choke considering we weren't favorites. Melbourne would've been chokers if they lost.

I wasn't calling what you guys did this year a choke. Ask most realistic supporters and they would swap places in a minute(except maybe Storm fans).

Wear the term as a badge of honour. It is only ever usually thrown about by supporters of teams that have done nothing that year anyway. Next year it will probably be used about some other team.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I wasn't calling what you guys did this year a choke. Ask most realistic supporters and they would swap places in a minute(except maybe Storm fans).

Wear the term as a badge of honour. It is only ever usually thrown about by supporters of teams that have done nothing that year anyway. Next year it will probably be used about some other team.
Let's hope so.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
wonder if st merge will ever win a comp with every team in it ? probably not.

and as for choking - get out the 1999 grand final.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Are you saying I'm not gracious in defeat? It seems you missed post #41 in this thread. Here's a little refresher (take note of the part I put in bold just for you)...

My apologies bulldog force re not being gracious in defeat !
I guess my point was more to take exception to the attitude some people have re the dragons 2010 premiership, minor premiership, world champions etc !

Timmah

Staff member
I don't understand people who say SYD 02 or STGI 10 are Clayton's because teams weren't in contention.

The teams (CBY 02 and MEL 10) weren't in contention because the management of each club clearly and in a calculated manner decided to flout the rules of the competition.

Anyone found cheating in any sport is usually disqualified, why would our sport be any different?

flangelico1979

Juniors
geez must be hard finding the culprit a week later, has the window cleaner fled and refused to take the blame?

FAMILY CLUB, CULTURE CHANGE, CAMP QUALITY haha

Facade?

Timmah

Staff member
Not only that, a pathetic, lazy C&P job from a thread in the NRL forum.

The funniest part is our club submitted a report no more than 48 hours later... it's been with the NRL since :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
:lol::lol: This spastic & BulldogForce.. two mental giants embarrassing the Bulldogs no end
cry2.gif

Someone

Bench
I don't understand people who say SYD 02 or STGI 10 are Clayton's because teams weren't in contention.

The teams (CBY 02 and MEL 10) weren't in contention because the management of each club clearly and in a calculated manner decided to flout the rules of the competition.

Anyone found cheating in any sport is usually disqualified, why would our sport be any different?

This.

Bagging out teams that won the comp under fair and square circumstances is a mute point. get over it.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
wonder if st merge will ever win a comp with every team in it ? probably not.

and as for choking - get out the 1999 grand final.

So are you saying that being the champions (both NRL and World champions) of a legal competition is a bad thing ?

I gather you must be a Ben Johnson, Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong fan then !

Latest posts