What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Churchill Medal?

GB!

Juniors
has it ever gone to a player on the losing team?

cause for mine there was only one standout player on the field....

Fui Fui Moi Moi!

also congrats to melbounre too many class players.
good run form parra towards the end of the season.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Bradley Clyde in 91 and Brad Mackay in 93 I think are the only ones. That is off the top of my head so I may be wrong.

Beaten

Fui didn't have a chance because he's a Kiwi. The australian selectors only pick Kangaroos (or players who are likely to play for the Kangaroos in the future) as CC medal winners. FACT.

Bman26

Juniors
He only made an impact in his third spell, his first two spells he was average, nothing more nothing less. If you want to win it from a losing team you would have to have impact from minute one to minute eighty

GB!

Juniors
Fui didn't have a chance because he's a Kiwi. The australian selectors only pick Kangaroos (or players who are likely to play for the Kangaroos in the future) as CC medal winners. FACT.

have never really thought about it, but when you think about it, it could be a realistic theory!

people thought Nikau would get it in 99.
did benji get it n '05?

Billy Slater had a great game but both Fui Fui and Hindmarsh were standouts...65 tackles in a grand final is that a record? Pity the selectors didn't have the courage to give it to a player from the losing side, as has happened in past years.

Meth

Staff member
Hindmarsh and FuiFui were definitely candidates for it.

I thought Cronk deserved it too. Blair was up there too

coach

I don't believe any one player stood out. Could have given the award to a few different players.

gottabegood

Juniors
FF MM performance was miles infront of everybody else, and is the only reason Para came close. If he plays for Melbourne, they win by 40.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Blair for mine, he was everywhere in attack and defence. It looked like he had the job of upsetting the Parra attackers with the niggly stuff, but then was always a danger will ball in hand. definately one of his best games!

But yeah too ugly and too kiwi to win the medal

Frailty

First Grade
For me I would have thought Blair or Cronk to get the nod for Clive Curchill...

Hindmarsh a good chance...

As for Moi Moi... was he only on the field in the last 20 minutes?

natheel

Coach
He only made an impact in his third spell, his first two spells he was average, nothing more nothing less. If you want to win it from a losing team you would have to have impact from minute one to minute eighty

in the second spell he hammered brett white and ran hard

first spell he gave it johnson too

he was good all match

Latest posts