What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City v Country ticket prices!

On sale this coming week.

COUNTRY v CITY ORIGIN TICKETS
Sunday, 21st April, 2013
Kick off 3pm
BCU International Stadium, Coffs Harbour
Tickets
Onsale to:
Stadium Members from 18th March 10am phone / online only
NRL Club Members from 19th March 10am online only
NRL.com Members from 20th March 10am online only
General Public from 21st March 10am all sales channels

Prices are:
Grandstand - Adults $60
Eastern Grandstand - Adults $50
General Admission - Adults $30 /Concession $20 /
Child (4-15years) $15 / Family (2 ad+2child or 1 ad+3child) $75

Tickets can be bought by phone or online at Ticketek.com or in person at any Ticketek outlet or the Coffs Harbour Visitors Centre. Phone 132 849
Limited capacity - make sure you get in quick to secure your spot

They got the smallest crowd of the modern era for the CvC last time it was at Coffs and at those prices I can't see them improving on that too much, especially if it's wet. Admittedly grandstand seats are limited and the vast, vast majority are GA. It's still a lot for country people who are not used to paying heavily for, well anything really. Whether it's the Coffs council or the NRL or both, they are doing their best to turn people away from a fixture that is significantly important to some, but constantly derided by many.

Diesel

Referee
They have to be wanting to kill it off with prices like this.

When it goes the the country/regions, the IC should be subsidising prices

siv

First Grade
There is nothing on the eastern side at Coffs other than a few benches

Are they going to put up temp stands ?

I assume the "eastern grandstand" will be a temporary one. But that means it won't be covered. So you could be paying $50 to sit in the rain. And it might not necessarily even be a plastic seat. It could be a metal bench, depending on what kind of temporary stand they use.

Serc

First Grade
Yep during the trial match this year they had a temporary stand (yes they were benches) on the eastern side (well starting at the halfway line and all the way down to the ingoal) with a big corporate tent for the other half of the eastern side.

These prices are exactly double those of the trial match ($30 grandstand, $15 GA)

Given the time of year and the location, the chance of rain would be higher than any other NRL match on the calendar.

They seem to be banking on the fact it's a Sunday arvo game on an NRL free weekend to get people there. Except that a lack of NRL means basically nothing to people on the north coast. It's not as if they would be going to another game instead. I think they will probably get more than the 4,000 they got last time, but then again 4,000 is about half of what is acceptable.

last game was a friday night game this one is a sunday arvo that should help the crowd. I was considering going as it's only about 30mins from me til i saw the ticket prices. But i am going now as a supplier has given me tickets. But no way was i paying $30 to sit/stand on the grass. Was told by one of the cricketers up here that the players have pay to get in to the ground when they play Finals there and then that also reduces the famliy/friends/fans of the teams going to watch. Ground Hire is very costly for the stadium which is only a average regional ground at best.
Does have a pretty good grass coverage, my kids ran at the zone athletics carnival there last year and they both said how good the grass was and soft.
And these are the best players from NSW we'll see the likes of Farah, Pearce, Carney, Hayne, Merritt etc only NSW players who won't play are ones who will play in the test.

Last edited:

Latest posts