What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary injury update

tripster

Juniors
Only thing I can make of it is he thinks we need his experience. He made a point last year of talking about how young the team is, might not want to fall back on that again?

When Wallace was out last year we looked a better footy team, even with Mitch rein playing at 9.

Now with Cleary out I don’t see much chance of Wallace being dropped.

I agree.

It is also consistent with the fact that Wallace is captain. Before we signed Maloney I guess the next most senior guy would be Merrin or Tamou - but neither of them strike me as a vocal on the field leader type.

Last edited:

Vicpanther

Juniors
I would rather see wal on the field than off it. He has given us a lot over the years and the least we can do is give him 1 more year. We could be better off without him but he hasn't become a hindrance Imo.

tripster

Juniors
I would rather see wal on the field than off it. He has given us a lot over the years and the least we can do is give him 1 more year. We could be better off without him but he hasn't become a hindrance Imo.

True, don’t get me wrong, I hold the guy in very high regard. He is tough as nails and puts in every week. We need his experience with all the young guys. The problem is that he may no longer be our best option at 9, and finding a place elsewhere in the team for him seems impossible.

True, don’t get me wrong, I hold the guy in very high regard. He is tough as nails and puts in every week. We need his experience with all the young guys. The problem is that he may no longer be our best option at 9, and finding a place elsewhere in the team for him seems impossible.

If things really went to shit, say we only had 3 or 4 wins at the halfway point, with Cleary coming back in, that might be the point he’d be dropped.

But if we’re 50% after 12 matches, he’s not going anywhere.

TheFrog

Coach
Hard to drop a man like Wal who gives everything but Griffin did do it up at the Donkeys
He dropped him to the bench because he had a better option for the 7. If he thinks we have a better option for the 9 he will probably do the same.

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends on May really. He is due back round 5. If he does and gets through that week in NSW Cup. I'd bring him back for the GC game.. He is further along then any other's mentioned. Until then Katoa to the bench and Peachey in the 6. Wallace to do more kicking and Peachey on for 80. May just give us enough spark without falling apart defensively

Pomoz

Bench
Some good sense on here. Minimise position changes, so Wal stays put. The Cowboys have lots of big boppers so we don't need a another lightweight half there. Peachey goes around again at 5/8th for this game and after that Luai gets his chance. You don't drop Wallace agains the Cows, but he will be gassed tackling their big units and Granvilles dummy half runs all game. This might be the time to get Katoa on the bench for some relief.

Sam would have been such a useful benchie for this game. Get well soon Sam.

martielang

Bench
I think it depends how you want to play. It probably wouldn’t be my go (I’d go Luai into 6) but I think Peach at 6 could work especially given we’re playing the cows at NQ with a short turn around.

He was essentially just another ball playing lock against the Dogs when he came on. I didn’t think he/we looked too bad.

Pomoz

Bench
I think it depends how you want to play. It probably wouldn’t be my go (I’d go Luai into 6) but I think Peach at 6 could work especially given we’re playing the cows at NQ with a short turn around.

He was essentially just another ball playing lock against the Dogs when he came on. I didn’t think he/we looked too bad.
I only want Peachey there for the Cowboys game. After that, Luai gets it. I like Luai but he ain't a big fellah and the Cowboys will be running hard at him all game. Hess, followed by lolo, followed by Scott, followed by...gulp.

I only want Peachey there for the Cowboys game. After that, Luai gets it. I like Luai but he ain't a big fellah and the Cowboys will be running hard at him all game. Hess, followed by lolo, followed by Scott, followed by...gulp.
Peach is also a poor defender. Just back the kid imo