What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary to start Monday?

I think Cleary will do very well for the tigers, I thought he was hard done by when we sacked him, he did a wonderful job for us and deserves a lot of credit for where the panthers are atm. Just stay the f**k away from Nathan.

I highly doubt Nathan will leave Penrith anyway unless they're going terribly, and in any case he won't be short of suitors so I doubt we'll be able to match it.

Kilkenny

Coach
If Cleary get's the West's Tigers job he will come after Jerome Luai current five eight in the Panthers NSW Cup side. Still eligible to play NYC and equally at home at 5/8 or half. Super talent, silky skills, good all round kicking game, good running game and most importantly can hold his own in defence. I feel certain he will develop into a quality NRL player. His career path at the Panthers is likely to be blocked by the emergence of the TMM & Cleary combination..

w

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kurt Capewell is a good pick up. Similar to McQueen in regards to versatility. Back rowers who can cover centre if needed.

Capewell is a good defender and would be better suited tighter in than at centre.

Looks Like Rowdy could be losing his starting spot. Wonder if he'll be nudged out the door next?

Perth Tiger

Bench
If Cleary get's the West's Tigers job he will come after Jerome Luai current five eight in the Panthers NSW Cup side. Still eligible to play NYC and equally at home at 5/8 or half. Super talent, silky skills, good all round kicking game, good running game and most importantly can hold his own in defence. I feel certain he will develop into a quality NRL player. His career path at the Panthers is likely to be blocked by the emergence of the TMM & Cleary combination

could be a reverse TMM

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Kurt Capewell is a good pick up. Similar to McQueen in regards to versatility. Back rowers who can cover centre if needed.

Capewell is a good defender and would be better suited tighter in than at centre.

Looks Like Rowdy could be losing his starting spot. Wonder if he'll be nudged out the door next?

MU,hasnt he just been signed for few more years?
Last thing we want is to be paying him to play elsewhere.

Unless he chases a retirement package in the ESL.

I feel for Rowdy. He's done the right thing by the club in renegotiating his contract and I know it's a business these days but he's only ever given 110% both pre and post injury. I'd like to think with a few handy pack signings (apparently Kane Evans is on our radar,) it might help being the best out in him. His best is definitely past him though.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Unless he chases a retirement package in the ESL.

I feel for Rowdy. He's done the right thing by the club in renegotiating his contract and I know it's a business these days but he's only ever given 110% both pre and post injury. I'd like to think with a few handy pack signings (apparently Kane Evans is on our radar,) it might help being the best out in him. His best is definitely past him though.

seems like a lovely bloke.....
Maybe give him a job after football....2018...lol

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rowdy's only problem is that he was moved to the back row 18 months too late. Attack wise he's perfectly suited, but defensively he still tackles like a centre too often (standing tall).

He and Lewis run the best lines in the NRL and are light years ahead of anyone else in that category.

They find the line, the stick to it and they run it with conviction. Both are strong in the hips and upper legs so can push through the first contact.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year he took a paycut I believe and chose to stay for another 3 or 4 years I believe. I'm not saying he'll leave the club, more suggesting he'll be nudged out of the NRL side. If he can improve his lateral speed (not sure if thats possible) he'd be a brilliant utility on the bench.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Lawrence has signed through to end of 2019 supposedly on $300K per year....

He did the club a big favour restructuring his contract which has helped them save some money this year...

I cant see him being part of the team until then.... it will be interesting to see how he even transitions across to the new coach in a couple of weeks time....

betcats

Referee
I highly doubt Nathan will leave Penrith anyway unless they're going terribly, and in any case he won't be short of suitors so I doubt we'll be able to match it.

I'd like to hope so but being the son of a former player and coach I think he will be fairly business like in making these decisions in the future, money and loyalty will play a part but he has seen how ruthless the game can be with his father so i'm not expecting him to sacrifice anything just to remain loyal.

I agree about Jerome Luai as well, quality young player who looks destined for the NRL, he started this year in the NYC but he has moved up to NSW cup the last two weeks, if he gets the whole year in cup and does well he will get picked up by someone for sure.

Vozzy

Juniors
The main problem is there is no depth at all the side that played Melbourne is our strongest squad. The under 20s and reserve grade sides are worse. It's hard to pick players from those teams when they also get flogged every week. Our 20s have let in like 170 points in the last 3 weeks.

I'd like to hope so but being the son of a former player and coach I think he will be fairly business like in making these decisions in the future, money and loyalty will play a part but he has seen how ruthless the game can be with his father so i'm not expecting him to sacrifice anything just to remain loyal.

I agree about Jerome Luai as well, quality young player who looks destined for the NRL, he started this year in the NYC but he has moved up to NSW cup the last two weeks, if he gets the whole year in cup and does well he will get picked up by someone for sure.

Well given the way Penrith and Wests are respectively travelling at the moment, I don't think you'll have to worry!

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hope Cleary gets announced today....

There needs to be some reason the fans can cling to for optimism after the last month, and with a tough road trip ahead this week... I'm sure that the club will be keen to put out some good news....

If he is not announced today then I would suggest that he is not a done deal yet...

Vozzy

Juniors
Hope Cleary gets announced today....

There needs to be some reason the fans can cling to for optimism after the last month, and with a tough road trip ahead this week... I'm sure that the club will be keen to put out some good news....

If he is not announced today then I would suggest that he is not a done deal yet...
If he's not what's the point of delaying it we can't get any worse. Unless he is having second thoughts

simmo05

Bench
Dont know if true, but on facebook saw that negotiations have stalled due to the amount of control cleary wants, and how much the bod will give him. Seems about right.

Clifferd

Coach
Lol what a f**king joke. If true absolutely nothing has changed and we'll soon be giving him the ass aswell it seems

I also read something similar. They couldn't come to some sort of agreement. Let the man do what he wants, he has experience of turning shit teams into decent teams so I'd like to think he knows what he's doing

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't think Nathan will follow Ivan, not anytime soon anyway. He signed with Penrith after they sacked his dad, if he was dirty on them he would have left after that. He obviously loves it there.