What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Victoire

Juniors
New thread for the new coach. Trying to pre-empt the "Sack Flanno" thread which is always bad luck

Well done to the club for giving the Papua New Guinea Kumuls assistant coach a chance at the big time :)
He's already delivered us Dan Russell, I wonder if he can bring across some other Kumul stars?

92336632087536ced97702a77f22f540

Victoire

Juniors
Where does Flanagan's win percentage sit among current NRL coaches ?

Bellamy - 547 games - 69.27%
Robinson - 270 games - 63.70%
Fitzgibbon - 38 games - 63.16%
Demetriou - 43 games - 62.79%
Bennett - 902 games - 62.31%
Flanno - 185 games - 55.14 %
Cleary - 410 games - 55.12%
Arthur - 243 games - 52.67%
Stuart - 481 games - 50.52%
Sheens - 682 games - 50.29%
Walters - 63 games - 49.21%
Payten - 78 games - 47.44%
Webster - 17 games - 47.06%
Seibold - 77 games - 46.75%
Ciraldo - 21 games- 42.86%
O'Brien - 82 games - 41.46%
Holbrook - 81 games - 37.04%

blacksafake

First Grade
To hear a bit of insight about Flanagan, I recommend this episode of the James Graham podcast. Michael Ennis is full of praise for Flanno .. think it starts at about the 37 minute mark, and has some interesting stories and anecdotes of his coaching style. Worth checking out

So does this mean we won’t be hearing Ennis bag out the club now.

Carrera28

Juniors
So.. now on to the elephant in the room. The ethical concerns.. anyone want to comment about that? Assuage my concerns, in particular. How does a boss enforce a culture of discipline, when he didn't follow the rules himself? Keen to hear some argument on this
Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes and lessons on ethics and behaviour will have credibility with players from someone who has made mistakes and has had to pay the price because of it.

Players will know that he is not pronouncing from a 'holier than thou' pulpit but rather from the school of hard knocks and lessons learned the hard way. He needs to own his mistakes, acknowledge them and show players there is a path back after even the largest of mistakes.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
So.. now on to the elephant in the room. The ethical concerns.. anyone want to comment about that? Assuage my concerns, in particular. How does a boss enforce a culture of discipline, when he didn't follow the rules himself? Keen to hear some argument on this
He did the crime…did the time…now getting offered another opportunity.

if Matt Lodge and Russell Packer can get another shot. Why can’t this bloke?