What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

coach

PATIENTX

Juniors
everytime I hear bluey talk in a post match conference or the like ,
He seems to be taking the rap for his players poor defence or errors.
I give him one thing he has patience, unfortunately im losing patience we have melbourne in melbourne then brisbane at home ....
i want to see him get angry !
who is our defence coach this year?
is the reason our D is average is because on the combination changes every week?

_addict

Juniors
The reason is part coach.

A possibly larger reason is cattle. We have lost a lot of experience with players moving on and that's been compounded by injuries to several of the key senior members.

Even so the general defensive plan didn't seem well infused throughout the team prior to seasons start and I think that's what's had several of us making nasty noises about the coaching.

beefstew

Juniors
The reason is part coach.

A possibly larger reason is cattle. We have lost a lot of experience with players moving on and that's been compounded by injuries to several of the key senior members.

Even so the general defensive plan didn't seem well infused throughout the team prior to seasons start and I think that's what's had several of us making nasty noises about the coaching.

Bluey has his defensive structures, that will take time for players trust...most of the team, have only ever known
Cleary's idiotic V formation, that is working so beautifully in Penrith.

Of course it doesn't help when certain players make ridiculous amounts of errors, forcing their team mates to
make far more tackles than they should be, particularly in our own half.

JoeD

First Grade
Slightly off topic but I would love to get more of an idea of what the players are coached to do, especially in defence. For example is manu told - never, ever come off your wing to double team the centre, and when he does this he gets a blast from the coach OR is he told if you think the centre is in trouble come in and help.

Bluey should be an Australian, then kiwi fans would like him.

keep+trolling.jpeg

vvvrulz

Coach
Bluey has his defensive structures, that will take time for players trust...most of the team, have only ever known
Cleary's idiotic V formation, that is working so beautifully in Penrith.

Idiotic? The only time the Warriors had a defensive game was under Cleary. If anything his attacking game was a bit one key.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm not a huge Cleary fan by any stretch, but people compare McClennan and Cleary and go 'well look how Penrith are going', Penrith have one of the worst rosters in the comp and lost their second best player to injury 20 mins into the season. Going into the season we had one of the best rosters int he comp.

Micistm

Bench
IMO it is far, far too early for Bluey or Cleary camps to gloat. I had my doubts, and tbh still do...but I can not, and will not put the blame soley at the foot of the coach when the team can do well one week and shit the next.
As the patientx points out, Bluey takes a lot of blame for poor player performance that is clearly not coached. Maybe thats to get players onside with trust, I don't know.
Cleary IMO is a good coach...but not the rose tinted Merlin many remember- we had some shocking slumps. He's had a couple of bad weeks with Penrith too, but they'll bounce back.
As for the Warriors- we have so many good players that if bad form continues you would have to look in the coaches direction-but for now there's been enough good signs for me. If we'd lost against the Rabbits I'd be very worried, but they came back after two bad weeks. This week vs Storm will be interesting...but if we treat it like a final, beat them, then lose the next few it'll count for nothing

beefstew

Juniors
Idiotic? The only time the Warriors had a defensive game was under Cleary. If anything his attacking game was a bit one key.

Defensive game? after 6 years in charge, his team still missed more tackles than any other, using
a defensive structure no other coach would even consider...sure they had some good goal line
defense at times, and were lucky to have a great defensive fullback in Locke and cover defender
in Maloney, that saved their ass so many times it was ridiculous.

Cleary was, and is a dud, that got lucky when injuries forced him to finally play Locke at fullback
and bring Johnson into the side, not to mention somehow surviving a 30 point hiding in week one
of last years finals.

Without those twists of fate, he would be known as little more than a caretaker coach, which is
exactly what he is.

vvvrulz

Coach
Cleary was, and is a dud, that got lucky when injuries forced him to finally play Locke at fullback
and bring Johnson into the side, not to mention somehow surviving a 30 point hiding in week one
of last years finals.

Without those twists of fate, he would be known as little more than a caretaker coach, which is
exactly what he is.

So how exactly is it, that this 'caretaker' got us to the finals more than any other coach ever did, and was the only one to leave on his own terms? Who is not a dud according to you? Its too early to say with Bluey, so that leaves who, Anderson? Kemp? Monie?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i never really want to trust the opinion of someone whose posts look like they press enter when what they're typing reaches the end of the line.

beefstew

Juniors
So how exactly is it, that this 'caretaker' got us to the finals more than any other coach ever did, and was the only one to leave on his own terms? Who is not a dud according to you? Its too early to say with Bluey, so that leaves who, Anderson? Kemp? Monie?

Great to see the club fought so hard to keep him...oh wait, he got a pat on the head on his way out the
door, club management knew what he was, and Penrith are finding out.

vvvrulz

Coach
Great to see the club fought so hard to keep him...oh wait, he got a pat on the head on his way out the
door, club management knew what he was, and Penrith are finding out.

:lol: Yep, because sacking a coach is far more dignified.

Izz, you're onto something.

beefstew

Juniors
i never really want to trust the opinion of someone whose posts look like they press enter when what they're typing reaches the end of the line.

Thats it?

You have nothing intelligent to say, so you comment on how i lay out my posts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: what a petty little person you are.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If the club really wanted him gone I'm sure they wouldn't have offered him a two year extension in the first place.

Last edited: