What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaches on the sidelines

Munted

Bench
f**k, my first thread. I'm very nervous.

Anyways merkins, what do we think about Ricky Stuart being on the sidelines rather than a coaches box?

I personally like it, the merkins in the thick of it.

Why don't more do it?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Flanno did it in the pissing rain in Melbourne a few weeks back. He usually spends the second half on the ground.
Bellamy must always be in the box tho for 2 reasons. 1. There no walls to punch on the field and 2. No one should be subjected to his tirades.

Last edited:

Munted

Bench
Flanno did it in the pissing rain in Melbourne a few weeks back. He usually spends the second half on the ground.
Bellamy must always be in the box tho for 2 reasons. 1. There no walls to punch on the field and 2. Minnie should be subjected to his tirades.
I really want Bellamy on the sidelines purely for his outrage.
Same goes for Des.
It should be a spectacle on its own.

Although, Bennett, griffin, potentially Barrett can stay in their booth. Lifeless pricks.

mave

Coach
I really want Bellamy on the sidelines purely for his outrage.
Same goes for Des.
It should be a spectacle on its own.

Although, Bennett, griffin, potentially Barrett can stay in their booth. Lifeless pricks.

You need to watch more NRL

Life's Good

Coach
I don't mind it. I think it's good to see the coach pacing up & down as it adds to the sideline theatre. One infamous incident was Barrett copping the slap from Brown all those years ago when he was watching from the sidelines. Might be why Barrett will always watch from the box!

TheDalek079

Bench
i remember once souffs were going shit so Jason Taylor called them off the field to yell at them. IIRC souffs still lost the game. lol@souffs

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Soft, if you ask me..

Not good enough to just be on the sidelines, should be in the middle battling it with the team..

It's time to bring back the 'captain-coach'

Start with Robbie Farah.

The Enforcer

Juniors
f**k, my first thread. I'm very nervous.

Anyways merkins, what do we think about Ricky Stuart being on the sidelines rather than a coaches box?

I personally like it, the merkins in the thick of it.

Why don't more do it?
The overrated one can watch the game from wherever he wants and it will make f**k all difference.

Munted

Bench
I don't mind it. I think it's good to see the coach pacing up & down as it adds to the sideline theatre. One infamous incident was Barrett copping the slap from Brown all those years ago when he was watching from the sidelines. Might be why Barrett will always watch from the box!
Haha good point.
Totally forgot about the Brown slap, shit we need more of that to spice this game up!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ricky sits on the sideline because he's a man of the people, not some rich emperor type snob like the rest of them.

Munted

Bench
Ricky sits on the sideline because he's a man of the people, not some rich emperor type snob like the rest of them.
I like that aspect though, he wants to be in amongst it barking orders. Not radioing in a bottle of water for the trainer to run to blow job layloohah.

T-Boon

Coach
I totally agree. It looks like they are actually coaching. Adds to the drama and theatre of it. Sitting up in the box adds to the impression the coaches give that they think they are above the fans or the media interaction.

I love in college football how the coach is out there surrounded by the rest of his coaches and roster. Fully adds to the spectacle. You see little altercations all the time (that Brown slap would be fairly regular), coaches could get interviewed at half time for a few seconds walking in. Have all the reserve graders and under 20s guys walking the sideline.

Munted

Bench
I totally agree. It looks like they are actually coaching. Adds to the drama and theatre of it. Sitting up in the box adds to the impression the coaches give that they think they are above the fans or the media interaction.

I love in college football how the coach is out there surrounded by the rest of his coaches and roster. Fully adds to the spectacle. You see little altercations all the time (that Brown slap would be fairly regular), coaches could get interviewed at half time for a few seconds walking in. Have all the reserve graders and under 20s guys walking the sideline.
I like it.
Looooove seeing the players and coaches running down the sidelines in the nfl as players go length of the field. Looks like everyone is involved.

T-Boon

Coach
Exactly, being able to scream abuse at the coach would help build crowds as well. You get sick of abusing the ref by half time need someone else to blame.

Life's Good

Coach
Haha good point.
Totally forgot about the Brown slap, shit we need more of that to spice this game up!
And there was also the night Harrigan ordered Gould off the sideline. Gould was being a bit of a nark which was enough to get through Harrigans thin skin. If you can find the footage it's a bit of a laugh.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I guess other coaches want a Birdseye view, but having them on the sidelines does add to the atmosphere. Watching any European soccer match will tell that, especially when they're arguing with the 4th official

POPEYE

Coach
Any coach who thinks he can accurately judge what his team is doing or what the opposition is about to do from the sideline is f**king delusional

Latest posts