What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coal Train

Titanic

First Grade
Whatever lads ... kilo for kilo we are the most kilo'd team in the NRL ... if fat between the ears was music our management would be the Beatles.

As a dyed in the wool QLD supporter, after watching Taylor's performances for Souths this year I hope that Mal and the Maroons' selectors never pick him again for Origin at all.

He has some skills but he is a selfish buffoon and doesn't understand about team play. Losing him is South's gain. Gaining him is the Titans' loss.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
DEPARTING South Sydney forward Dave Taylor has paid the price for a horror run of big-game footy, dumped from the Australian Test team to play New Zealand in Townsville on October 13.
Taylor, who started the April Test against the Kiwis, fell from grace following a lacklustre finals series and two poor Origin performances for Queensland.
The big-money Gold Coast recruit was axed by the Maroons for the final Origin fixture this year after playing a combined total of just 81 minutes in the first two games, producing no tackle breaks, no offloads and no linebreaks in that time – his pet stats.
Taylor’s big game woes continued for Souths in the NRL finals series, culminating in his worst performance of the season in the grand final qualifier against the Bulldogs.
Taylor played just 43 minutes (his shortest game time of the season) and missed three tackles, including a lazy attempt on Greg Eastwood that led to a match-clinching try for the Bulldogs - after which Taylor was immediately hooked by coach Micheal Maguire.
In an interesting twist, Taylor’s replacement at the Rabbitohs next year, Ben Te’o, was named 18th man in coach Tim Sheens’ side today.
LINK carty has some minds games to conquer.

Dazzat

First Grade
Taylor is a confidence player - a young head on the body of a bullock. My tip is he will improve in 2013 due to being closer to home. He will also benefit playing beside such players as Ashley Harrison and Scott Prince.

But agree - no SOO for Taylor next year.

Titanic

First Grade
LINK carty has some minds games to conquer.

Cartwright is clueless and will struggle to hold his position if the team starts badly for the 3rd year running. We stand to lose some more quality kids and a large chunk of our supporter base in his hellbent quest to buy a premiership.

broncos4life

Juniors
Taylor is a confidence player - a young head on the body of a bullock. My tip is he will improve in 2013 due to being closer to home. He will also benefit playing beside such players as Ashley Harrison and Scott Prince.

But agree - no SOO for Taylor next year.

So his going to hull now?

Tone83

Juniors
Taylor has to run out wide, that's his game. He plays like shit when narrow minded old fuddy duddy's try and turn him into a battering ram forward just because he looks like one. He's a skillfull finesse player that happens to be immense in stature. He's not a workhorse or a battering ram, but that doesn't mean he's bad, he's just bad at that. Someone jokingly said the titans need him at 5/8, I don't find that funny, he should be a 5/8, he'd make a good one too, a bit like feliti mateo. When taylor gets a coach that plays to his strengths he will be one of the most valuable destructive players in the game.

Titanic

First Grade
I don't disagree with you Tone but point out our coach is youngest old fuddy duddy of all time.

Tone83

Juniors
Well good hopefully he won't try and pigeon hole DT as a "big fat lump" to use as a battering ram. The worst offender is actually mal maninga, doesn't play the coal train to his strengths at all and you can see in origin he's just completely uncomfortable.

Titanic

First Grade
Sorry, you missed my point, Cartwright is exactly that fuddy-duddy you mentioned, he's just young. Taylor will be asked to cart it up and pass inside ... just like the other 16. We are the most one-dimensional, boring team under him.

Latest posts