What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Combined Brothers bid

CQ Italia

Juniors
I would rather no expansion than "lose" to bids in Se qld that are no where near iron clad.... Past exp with expansion,rushed bids or experiments in larger population areas will not get good support if not planned well. Wasn't a Gold Coast club organised in a pub or shed and had nearly no planning.

Why would Rockhampton get a Brothers game when they are with cq NRL bid (the leagues club and juniors) Unless they are double dipping,or Brothers approach them post decision.
In the seniors Brothers has the lowest supporter base in the Rocky comp,whilst juniors is different.

Cq NRL bid I believe want a Storm game

Last edited:

BrothersNRL

Juniors
CQ Italia, Brothers, if successful with our bid, will play games at any location where a Brothers team exists, the Council supports the game and a NRL standard facility exists.

Perth Red

Post Whore
1383235_404890476306994_72819107_n.jpg

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Daimler Trucks Brisbane Joins the Convoy!
February 4, 2014 by brothersnrl Leave a Comment
Daimler Trucks Brisbane has jumped onboard the Brothers NRL Bid in its push for inclusion in an expanded NRL competition.
You will soon see the “Brothers Bus”, a blue Mercedes Valente, around Brisbane and other regional areas which, as part of the sponsorship, has been supplied by Daimler Trucks Brisbane.
Dealer Principal of Daimler Trucks Brisbane, Michael Gleeson, likes the direction of the bid and what it stands for.
“The Brothers NRL Bid is about contributing to many communities and maintaining a meaningful presence,” said Mr Gleeson.
“Brothers St Brendan’s is a big part of our Rocklea community but it’s also a big part of the wider Brothers presence across Australia, just as Daimler Trucks Brisbane is part of AHG, Australia’s largest motoring group.”
That scale allows Daimler Trucks Brisbane to pass on a wide range of benefits to its customers, across sales, service and parts.
See the range at the Rocklea and Caboolture dealerships or visit the website at www.daimlertrucksbrisbane.com.au for more details.

http://brothersnrl.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/daimler-trucks-brisbane-joins-the-convoy-2/

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
In relation to any of these bids, the ARLC is never going to have as much power as they will in the bidding process.

I like to see them make one mandatory detail of admittance; Independent Directors elected by the ARLC (similar to the Tigers new structure).

This would stop any of the potential faction fights before they even have a chance to develop.

Sure, have director elected by members or by the owners, but keep the balance of power with people you can be sure will work in the best interest of the club and the sport.

The Great Dane

First Grade
In relation to any of these bids, the ARLC is never going to have as much power as they will in the bidding process.

I like to see them make one mandatory detail of admittance; Independent Directors elected by the ARLC (similar to the Tigers new structure).

This would stop any of the potential faction fights before they even have a chance to develop.

Sure, have director elected by members or by the owners, but keep the balance of power with people you can be sure will work in the best interest of the club and the sport.

I agree, particularly when it comes to clubs representing multiple areas and subgroups as Brothers would.

My main concern with the Brothers bid since I first heard about it was that there would be multiple fractions within the club all pulling in different directions, but with precautions like this it may be possible to avoid any serious power struggles in new clubs.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I am in favour of this Brothers bid, but i dont want to see it run by this Confraternity.

Obviously the board and ceo need to respect the brand and maintain the culture, but their focus should be firstly on what is best for the NRL team.

I dont want this to become a "means to an end" for this organisation; playing games in illogical areas to please factions, for example, to boost a regional Leagues Clubs profits.

I would just hate to bring hundred year old divisions into a brand new team when it is so easily avoidable...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Colours? Their traditional are navy blue irregular hoops but if they are going with leprechauns then a emerald green and white would be unique. Already heaps of blue jerseys in NRL.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Colours? Their traditional are navy blue irregular hoops but if they are going with leprechauns then a emerald green and white would be unique. Already heaps of blue jerseys in NRL.

There are a few green ones too, just saying.

If I was them I'd go with emerald green and their traditional colours of blue and white, but I wouldn't use a hoop design, Souths kind of have a monopoly on the green hoop design and there's sort of an unspoken agreement/rule between Souths and us that we'll never use a hoops design and they'll never use an armbands design just so that if we ever want/need to we can both wear a prominently green jersey but still be easily differentiated from each other on the field.

So Brothers would piss a few people off if they came in with a green hooped jersey, but any other style apart from green with armbands would be alright. Not many striped jerseys going around anymore, maybe they can make that their niche in the green market.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The jersey is definitely a tough decision.

The Blue and White butcher stripes are my favourite because of the history behind it; if you are going to bring in a team with 100 years of history and a huge junior base into the NRL, it seems logical to keep the strip consistent. I think it would be a great image for the team if a junior could pull on a jersey at 6 years old and imagine running out in it in front of 60,000 people.

Im not saying juniors would turn away from supporting the team if they wore something else, but i do think there are more positives than negatives in using their current colours.

If they were to keep this...

brothers-ipswich-rugby-league-jersey-2-2011.jpg

...the only real problem is the bulldogs.

For an away jersey, i would suggest keeping the same design and replacing the white with Orange or the Emerald Green.

And to keep a feeling of consistency, id say do the hemming and piping on the main jersey (on the collar, sleeves and waist) in this colour aswell.

Rodney

Juniors
Maybe just change the hue or shading.
Like maybe sky blue and white while the doggies are dark blue.
That or both clubs pick different third colours.

georgesnmith

Juniors
this bid and Western coridoor should just merge.

Bombers is the worst proposal of the lot.

8 games at suncorp and the lesser games in regional areas is fantastic.

ready made fan base and juniors, a slam dunk

bombers adds nothing in comparison

byrner

Juniors
I dont see the problem with sharing colours with other teams I.e. the bulldogs.
Lots of other sports do it, as long as it is limited in a clash with each other then it is fine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What other sport has two teams playing in the same jersey?

We are not just talking colours but actual design.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
What other sport has two teams playing in the same jersey?

We are not just talking colours but actual design.

There is a flyshit between Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U in terms of real design. Everton and Chelsea are not far removed either.

We are not talking about a new club pilfering here. There is real heritage in the Brothers strip and the public would recognise that.

beave

Coach
Just throwing it out there, Brothers Brisbane has been wearing the butchers stripes since 1929, 5 years before canterbury............

:p

Rodney

Juniors
Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd each at least have some minimal variation
Liverpool play in all red with a white secodary,
Arsenal play in red, but with white sleeves and shorts with a blue strip on the sleeve
Man Utd play in red but with black shorts.

you'd expect if the brothers wanted to get in they'd have to at least have some sort of variation in colour to the bulldogs.

The current brothers looks dead on to the bulldogs heritage strip

B876033_001_thumbnail.jpg

And the bulldogs have already integrated black into the colour scheme so the brothers would probably have to integrate so more flamboyant colour or mess with their shading of blue to make it obviously distinct from the bulldogs.

Latest posts