What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentary Idea for next version

Dover

Juniors
How cool would this be!!! :eek:

Having just made my own real team into a team on the game (jersey and all), I would love for Vossy to call all the players names (my mates) (there are 3 that get called coz they have the same name as current NRL players)

ANYWAY

You buy the game and HES could include a slip of paper where you send in $20 and the players names you would like recorded and Vossy comes in once a month (if they could get him of course) and records yours (and anyone elses) names onto a file which gets emailed or sent to you - you then install it and have your own mates names on the game. You could have just your list sent or everyones (whatever works out easier for HES) - the money sent in can cover fees for sound techs and Vossy.

HES could then build a database of different names which would stop Vossy having to do them everytime.

Get Vossy to do this once a month for 4 months (which encourages people to buy the game early as well) and keeps things cheaper for them.

I guess you could probably add the commentary through recording your own voice (if u knew how) - but it wouldn't be the same

I guess you could also get older ARL or NSWRL players names included too

Realistic???? Not possible????

Thoughts anyone???

izzo

Juniors
it be easier to email a mp3 file of you saying your last name to hes and how to spell it

Dover

Juniors
izzo said:
it be easier to email a mp3 file of you saying your last name to hes and how to spell it
Maybe - more time consuming for HES though - maybe pronunciations for difficult names would be needed.

Things would need to be kept simple though. You'd have to sell the game with this being made into a major feature though, otherwise it certainly wouldn't work as it would just be creating extra work for themselves.

I think the only real problem with doing something like that would be the willingness of Andrew Voss - I don't know what his days are like, but a few hours for 4 days over 4 months wouldn't be a big ask.

Azkatro

First Grade
Doesn't sound too feasible to me ... the money involved in getting his talents back for X hours on a regular basis, hiring out a sound studio etc etc... not reasonable at all.

You might have already noticed that if you set your surname to be the same as an existing player in the game Vossy will say it. I got a bit of satisfaction out of setting a surname that was as close as possible to my real one and convinced myself that Vossy was mispronouncing it every time :lol:

Maybe when the next game has commentary recorded they could get him to say a bunch of common sounding nicknames, like "The Brick" and "Gazelle" so you can choose a nickname when you create your player. That way he could say things like "That's a good hitup by the Brick." :)

NPK

Bench
There was a suggestion in another thread by someone that if Sidhe approves it, there would be a thread where people can type their names (and how to pronounce it) and that could be included for the sequel. That would be cool, but not likely.

izzo

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Doesn't sound too feasible to me ... the money involved in getting his talents back for X hours on a regular basis, hiring out a sound studio etc etc... not reasonable at all.

You might have already noticed that if you set your surname to be the same as an existing player in the game Vossy will say it. I got a bit of satisfaction out of setting a surname that was as close as possible to my real one and convinced myself that Vossy was mispronouncing it every time :lol:

Maybe when the next game has commentary recorded they could get him to say a bunch of common sounding nicknames, like "The Brick" and "Gazelle" so you can choose a nickname when you create your player. That way he could say things like "That's a good hitup by the Brick." :)

"Gazelle" sounds queer

..::ERIC::..

Juniors
southern warrior said:
..::ERIC::.. said:
Love to hear Vossy call Kinikinilau, Caucaunibuca, Vunibaka, etc...

Once again its a league game.
Oh, so because they don't play league it is forbidden to use the create a player option to make them. I made me, I don't play league. Should I go delete myself from the game because I don't actually play league?

supersoniceagle

Juniors
southern warrior said:
Love to hear Vossy call Kinikinilau, Caucaunibuca, Vunibaka, etc...

Once again its a league game.
Oh, so because they don't play league it is forbidden to use the create a player option to make them. I made me, I don't play league. Should I go delete myself from the game because I don't actually play league?
Yes delete yourself right now! :lol:

Razor

Coach
I haven't tried but if the name is different does it try to change it to as close as possible.

In NHL 2002 when I type my name in, I don't get called my surname, but get called 'Tony' when I typed in Anthony as my first name.

Friends I've typed in get called by their surname, or something close to it.

One surname is Waardinski, they get called Ward.

Latest posts