What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comp could be down to 5 chances?

isaiah

Bench
On form, are melb, nz, bulldogs, cowboys, and the sharks the only ones who can win this comp this season?

Noa

First Grade
Ive said it before, if all teams bring there A-game, the Storm wont get beat. Too methodical, too structured, too clinical.

gronkathon

First Grade
If Wests Tigers NRL squad gets back to full strength they get Woods and Ben Murdoch back to NYC and they could really challenge.

Melbourne are a pleasure to watch though

isaiah

Bench
If Wests Tigers NRL squad gets back to full strength they get Woods and Ben Murdoch back to NYC and they could really challenge.

Melbourne are a pleasure to watch though

and if jacob miller gets promoted again, they are big but rudderless

I would add the Wests Tigers and make it 6 chances. I saw the Tigers beat the Warriors easily earlier this year. If Miller playes the year in the Tigers 20's they will go good. Still don't think Woods or BMM will play much 20's the rest of this year.

We're the reigning premiers, so we're obviously a chance. We got clobbered by Melbourne a few weeks ago. Other than that, i still think we can make the finals. We've got a few players in our squad who may step up and play first-grade later in the year.

isaiah

Bench
bulldogs did very well to come from behind last night, but they will need to get to the finals with the core of josh jackson, lafai, sezer, carter, burr, and finucane fit and firing to do any damage

Raiders have Massey, Williams and McIllwrick in their spine. 2 of which have played first grade and the other McIllwrick probably should be playing FG. They are definately a chance.

Noa

First Grade
Still Tohu Harris and Jorden Mclean to coame back in the side. Thats 300m off offence as well the shitload of tries, try assists, line breaks and tackle breaks they (i.e. Tohu) will bring to the side.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
We've got Slaimankhel, Collier, Hurrell, Tuimavave and Fotofili. Those 5 players have a future with the Vodafone Warriors.

Dont rate collier or fotofili over any of the other members of the squad.
Paasi and Henry have out performed them this year.
Tuakieaho has been probably the most impressive bar slaimankel and hurrell.

Collier and Fotofili only get picked every week because the recruitment staff would have
paid them a bit to convert them from rugby.
Unfortunately its the league junior stars the miss out because of that.
Collier is getting better and running a bit more.
Bit at this stage is more of a halligan/el masri atm.

ozbash

Referee
Tuakieaho has been probably the most impressive bar slaimankel and hurrell.

Tuakieaho is a machine. Collier could/should develope into a bloody good player.

I like our halves, Malu and Meads.

Galeforce

Bench
The teams that cannot win the title in 2011 are

Titans, Knights, Sharks,Tigers,Eels,Fowlers,Panthers

The grand finalists will come from teams below;
Storm, cowboys , Broncos, Rabbits, Saints,Manly,raiders, Warriors, Bulldogs

Lossy

Juniors
The teams that cannot win the title in 2011 are

Titans (15th), Knights (11th), Sharks (5th), Tigers (8th), Eels (10th), Fowlers (9th), Panthers (12th)

The grand finalists will come from teams below;
Storm (1st), cowboys (4th), Broncos, Rabbits (14th), Saints (13th) ,Manly (16th), raiders, Warriors (2nd), Bulldogs (3rd)

I have added their current places on the NYC table.

Did you read this thread, or just assume it's about the senior NRL comp?

It's the only explanation that comes to mind for picking the Manly juniors as a potential GF contender. They are dead last with 1 win from 10. There is a 16 point gap between them and first, 10 points to 8th.

Lazarus had it easier.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
Lossy , you are correct , i assumed it was the senior competition after coming in via Last Post column.