What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

Valheru

Coach
I can sort of see where MKCS is coming from, but I agree, having an off-field incident that has other punishments (i.e. Police, courts etc) isn't really comparable.

Looking at it through global impact lenses, racism is such a world-wide issue that it's going to cause more uproar than a high shot (although it was f**king horrific) and have more potential to hurt "the brand".
He got the same time as Mitch Pearce got for pretending to f**k a dog.

How does everyone resolve that in their minds?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't think Leniu or other Pacific Islander players will let remarks they cop stay on the field from now on.

I can see a raft of on field complaints being made and other players fronting the judiciary on similar charges as Leniu

Will these players also receive 8 weeks.

Mam will cop a lot of sledging from now on and not necessarily from other opposition players but from opposition supporters as it showed a weakness which will be exploited.

It was the 69th minute and Mam was saying he couldn't concentrate on his game after this incident - he had a poor game up to that point in any case.
They shouldn't let remarks stay on field. If they're said, expose them, so it can be dealt with.

I don't know what to do with the rest of your post.

King hit

Coach
Because it isn't an easy one to decide. That is the thing, nor is a straight out that Leinu hates aboriginals.

I do think the colour of his skin lessened the sentence

He is missing for 1/3rd of the season for a stupid comment made, personally I think it is fair.

JT and Latrell who are aboriginal leaders say it should be more, Again it is their opinions but doesn't mean the panel last night got it wrong
Latrell probably views himself as some kind of hard lining activist but I just simply view him as a know it all loudmouth who just has instagram. Thurston also isn’t someone I take for moral standings considering the stuff he has done. Just because they are so quiet about this doesn’t mean there isn’t this side to him.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Latrell probably views himself as some kind of hard lining activist but I just simply view him as a know it all loudmouth who just has instagram. Thurston also isn’t someone I take for moral standings considering the stuff he has done. Just because they are so quiet about this doesn’t mean there isn’t this side to him.
Coffs Harbour

T-Boon

Coach
8 weeks is a long time. I think islanders get treated worse when getting sentenced. It was nice comments from the Olokau-au in support of the young fella.

taste2taste

Juniors
Suspended 8 weeks for a slur and Kenny gets 1 week for posting a picture of himself with coke smeared across his face.

Seems a little out of whack to me.

Danish

Referee
Loving that Olakau’atu has also now confirmed that he has no idea who Adam Goodes is.

The NRL should jump on the “Who is Adam Goodes?” train and release merch

Reactions: Vee
Whatever your view of the incident, repercussions etc.

Leniu basically responding to Legal Counsel when asked about Adam Goodes "who?" is one the highest quality trolls of the AFL ever (either on purpose or not)
I would be flawed if he wasn’t instructed to say that. A mega high profile case around a fan calling an indigenous players an ape. The greenest law grad on the planet could see the prosecution making this point.

That said, I get the sense Leniu probably wasn’t watching a whole lot of AFL growing up, irrelevant of how popular the code thinks they are in Western Sydney.

This Year?

Immortal
I think 8 weeks is too long. I agree with Kent and Anasta that 4 to 6 weeks would have been sufficient. The only good to come out of this whole mess is that it's showed that racism isn't taken likely in the game. I just hope that if it happens again that there's consistency in the punishment.

blue bags

First Grade
FOX Sports has a report of Grey hound racing
Named Ezra Mann. And that reports betting agencies. And the announcers. Said Go Banana's
And he has been sacked

Pumpkin

Juniors
I suppose you can't read Spencer's mind, but if he's telling the truth and his comment wasn't intended to be racist, then I don't really see why he's being suspended for racism? Different story if it was intended to be racist.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
FOX Sports has a report of Grey hound racing
Named Ezra Mann. And that reports betting agencies. And the announcers. Said Go Banana's
And he has been sacked

Interesting that Fox reported it. I dont know if anyone else noticed it but during the ad break in 360 yesterday after they were discussing this issue they showed a trailer of the new movie "Monkey Man".
Cary Elwes Eye Roll GIF