What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
You'd have to say Taia.

Interesting move, I didn't think backrow was a position the Knights struggled in. Will be interesting to see what kind of affect it will have on the Dragons in the coming seasons. As we all know, Beau did a brilliant job of protecting Soward - will Jamie be able to cope without him there?

Saints fan

Juniors
Geez, I almost had a heart attack when I heard that news. Big loss for us, Scott and Creagh were solid for us in the back row. Shame. What mail are you folks getting on Brett Stewart coming to us?

cleary89

Coach
You'd have to say Taia.

Interesting move, I didn't think backrow was a position the Knights struggled in. Will be interesting to see what kind of affect it will have on the Dragons in the coming seasons. As we all know, Beau did a brilliant job of protecting Soward - will Jamie be able to cope without him there?

They are defending on opposite sides of the field this year.

Wato

Juniors
I doubt he will play centre. Our centre's are contracted for a few years while a few backrowers are off contract this year. Costigan,Scott and Houston is a tough backrow.

skeepe

Immortal
You clearly have no idea. Costigan is class taia merely had a strong 18 months.

Hahaha.

Costigan is a guy who you'll fit in if you can and can make a pretty good contribution, but it's no great loss if he misses out.

Taia is a guy you notice is missing. He does so much work that goes unnoticed, he's exactly the kind of player that every team needs.

I'd be keeping Taia over Costigan if it were me.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
You clearly have no idea. Costigan is class taia merely had a strong 18 months.
Merely had a strong 18 months ...... which got him into the Kiwis side and then eventually he got plagued with injuries.

I rate Costigan, but if he was so much classier than Taia, he would of played much better then he did for us last year.

Don't try and act almighty when you've got NFI.

Frederick

Staff member
I rate Costigan, but if he was so much classier than Taia, he would of played much better then he did for us last year.
you mean last year when he broke his arm in the first 10 minutes and spent the rest of the year playing catch up...well how dare he play well below his standard and ability!

Allstar Knights

Juniors
you mean last year when he broke his arm in the first 10 minutes and spent the rest of the year playing catch up...well how dare he play well below his standard and ability!
Yeah, that's fair enough.

I worded it horribly and it sounds like I'm hating on Costigan, when I'm not. But I do think he could have played better for us, despite the broken arm.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
The Newcastle dragons :sarcasm:.

Inb4 the Canterbury sea dogs..

Not gonna bag them but gee, i know we are linked to every manly player, i'd hate if we ended up like them though.

Costigan, Bennent, McKinnon, Boyd, Cutherbertson, Scott.

Not to mention the ones from a while ago, pretty sure Wes, Houston are from dragons.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Says more about the Dragons than the Knights, surely.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bagging anyone, just think its shit when you see a club get so many players bought from one club, i'd be dirty as if the dogs bought 7-8 manly players. its different when the cap takes a toll and you gotta shred 2-3 players. you never would see a club buy so many players from one club unless they lost stars, had so much cap cause all they had was nsw cup players or whatever.

anyway back to friday night footy! good game so far. cowboys look much better then last week.

rnb11

Juniors
Costigan, Boyd and Bennett from Broncos, Cuthbo and Scott from Sharks, McKinnon a Knights junior...

Naiqama and Houston have been at Newcastle for 5 or so years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts