What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Such is the huge impact the "hive mind" effect can have. We literally can't sign a single established player without being smeared as cap cheats, while other clubs snatch up our juniors in a heartbeat and nobody bats an eyelash

Ese'Ese > Knights
Wallace > Titans
Taylor > Titans
Hunt > Dragons
Kahu > Warriors (?)

Bird > Broncos
Roberts retained
Nikorima retained

"DERRR LOOK THEY'RE CHEATS"

Were you exposed to radiation at an early age?

Genuine question.

Spot On

Coach
One word

Chinatown

Two more words

Ring Gids.

Oh Pete, c'mon. Slap a bit harder than that. Please.

At least you didn't totally humiliate yourself with 'salt' in your reply.

That one is older the Ring Gids.

Now can someone explain to IBM who Gids is and explain to him how stupid that list of ex-Bronco players is?

Two words:

Andrew Gee.

Manly should simply roll it out now.

"Hey Toddles, it's Bozo bro."

"Hi Bob. What have you got for me."

"Two words - Andrew Gee."

"Oh, ok. Got it. Case closed."

Fixed.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Oh Pete, c'mon. Slap a bit harder than that. Please.

Why? It's just a game after all, a game where every single participant has enough dirt to fill the grand canyon.

Weren't you ever taught about stones and glass houses?

BLN2

Juniors
Such is the huge impact the "hive mind" effect can have. We literally can't sign a single established player without being smeared as cap cheats, while other clubs snatch up our juniors in a heartbeat and nobody bats an eyelash

Ese'Ese > Knights
Wallace > Titans
Taylor > Titans
Hunt > Dragons
Kahu > Warriors (?)

Bird > Broncos
Roberts retained
Nikorima retained

All those players released (other than probably Hunt) would have been on stuff all cash.

If you are bringing up players who were released last season, then add to your list;

ex Kiwi captain Benji Marshall, Ex Kiwi Alex Glenn, Former Fullback aspiring now happy fringe winger David Mead, Knights old pack leader (not saying much) Korbin Sims, Australian fullback Darious Boyd, "next big thing" Andre Savelio, Maroons half Anthony Milford, Maroons Forward Josh Mcguire, Maroons Winger Corey Oates and top 5 NRL hooker Andrew McCullough all signing and re signing.

I bet you can add Jordan Kahu and Adam Blair to that retention list shortly..

Spot On

Coach
Why? It's just a game after all, a game where every single participant has enough dirt to fill the grand canyon.

Weren't you ever taught about stones and glass houses?

300K taken from leagues club by football club employee. No questions asked.

Every single club is able to do that?

C'mon.

Don't know about glass houses but you should look in the mirror.

Broncos should set an example for the minnows to aspire to. God knows the coach likes to preach to us all while keeping double standards.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Ese'Ese > Knights
Wallace > Titans
Taylor > Titans
Hunt > Dragons
Kahu > Warriors (?)

Bird > Broncos
Roberts retained
Nikorima retained

Ese'ese and Wallace are juniors?

nick87

Coach
The knights are building some interesting pieces here
Ponga and Watson if they live up to the hype could turn the club around.
I think they really need Maloney to give those kids a hope though

Pedge1971

First Grade
The knights are building some interesting pieces here
Ponga and Watson if they live up to the hype could turn the club around.
I think they really need Maloney to give those kids a hope though

And/or another old hard headed front rower. The only was is up. Hoping anyway.

nick87

Coach
Personally I'm hoping you miss out on Maloney, end up signing the ghost of Dave Shillington and then Watson and Ponga stink

But that's probably not happening. At least I get a Moga-SKD double act
They'll give me some joy for sure

Pedge1971

First Grade
Personally I'm hoping you miss out on Maloney, end up signing the ghost of Dave Shillington and then Watson and Ponga stink

But that's probably not happening. At least I get a Moga-SKD double act
They'll give me some joy for sure

Ha ha. Wouldn't have it any other way mate!

Big Pete

Referee
300K taken from leagues club by football club employee. No questions asked.

Every single club is able to do that?

C'mon.

Don't know about glass houses but you should look in the mirror.

Broncos should set an example for the minnows to aspire to. God knows the coach likes to preach to us all while keeping double standards.

Double standards? Like retaining the coach and marquee talent?

You're letting bitterness cloud your judgement here. Every club has it's history of dirt, most of which isn't relevant these days.

Spot On

Coach
Double standards? Like retaining the coach and marquee talent?

You're letting bitterness cloud your judgement here. Every club has it's history of dirt, most of which isn't relevant these

Wow. Only a Bronco's fan could sell the Andrew Gee affair as 'bitterness' and 'clouded judgement' by fans of other clubs and disregard it as 'just the same skeletons that others have hidden in the cupboard'.

Not sure too many blokes at other clubs have refused to cooperate with the NRL to at least 'clear the air' if they have fugged up. Even after the event. Geez, even Brian Waldron came clean after a few years and admitted ful responsibility for what happened in Mlb.

What is Andrew Gee hiding????? Why has he gone to ground still???

Bitter??? I'd say most of us would feel it is the right thing to do for Andrew Gee to explain why that amount of money was taken and what is was used for. Don't you??? Or are you happy employees at your club can grab 300K when they like, no questions asked and with no explanation of what it is for???

Why wouldn't he clear the air over it Pete? What's to hide?

Would you be happy with that scenario in your workplace?

How many years before Gee comes clean?

Big Pete

Referee
All irrelevant to the Roberts re-signing.

4-years is optimistic, I wonder if Bennett will be around to protect him?

grouch

First Grade
Wow. Only a Bronco's fan could sell the Andrew Gee affair as 'bitterness' and 'clouded judgement' by fans of other clubs and disregard it as 'just the same skeletons that others have hidden in the cupboard'.

Not sure too many blokes at other clubs have refused to cooperate with the NRL to at least 'clear the air' if they have fugged up. Even after the event. Geez, even Brian Waldron came clean after a few years and admitted ful responsibility for what happened in Mlb.

What is Andrew Gee hiding????? Why has he gone to ground still???

Bitter??? I'd say most of us would feel it is the right thing to do for Andrew Gee to explain why that amount of money was taken and what is was used for. Don't you??? Or are you happy employees at your club can grab 300K when they like, no questions asked and with no explanation of what it is for???

Why wouldn't he clear the air over it Pete? What's to hide?

Would you be happy with that scenario in your workplace?

How many years before Gee comes clean?
He has been placed in the Thoroughbred Relocation Program. He now lives in Terror Lake and goes by the name Andrew Dee

Ring Gids

Juniors
He's coming back from an injury he suffered during the bye round playing for Souths Logan. In the meantime, Ofahengaue who just re-signed with the club has taken his spot and is in career best form.

Ese'ese started the year well but his form dipped before the Origin period. Brisbane have a lot of quality talent sitting in QCup so they're much better off investing in those prospects instead of another who is leaving at the end of the year. It's the same reason why Ponga can't get a look in at the Cowboys despite being one of the most talented players at their club. Why invest in a future that doesn't belong to you?

One word

Chinatown

Two more words

Ring Gids.

You rang?