What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

nick87

Coach
I reckon Cotric could be a top 5 fullback if given a decent shot at it. He's someone you want to give as much ball as possible and him running on the back of a overlap or offloads in the ruck would be devastating

I thought so too early in his career but he's simply not fast enough and his ball skills arent good enough to play fullback
He's one of the best wingers in the game, and he'll be a good centre at worst... maybe a top teir centre, but i think wing is his position.
Hopefully the dogs can get Burton or some other half and a fullback to give him some quality ball

BadnMean

Juniors
I reckon Cotric could be a top 5 fullback if given a decent shot at it. He's someone you want to give as much ball as possible and him running on the back of a overlap or offloads in the ruck would be devastating

Not sure he has the motor or sheer mobility needed for a top tier (Trbo, Teddy, RTS, Ponga) FB but I wouldn't rule it out either. The ball skills he's good enough to develop imo.

If I was Dogs & the choice was Hoppa/DWZ/Meaney or Cotric for the key position in the back 5 I'd be putting Cotric there.

BadnMean

Juniors
Massive lol @ Raiders fans in here melting down. 600k is bang on the money for Cotric and may even look like unders next season. Wingers are more important than ever before and they have Cotric for his best years.

Also, can you blame Cotric for leaving? He gets more money and doesn't have to play outside that absolute nuffy Croker.

Where are Raiders fans melting down?

So far all I've seen is fans wish him well, say he's a good player but we're fairly happy the club didn't offer 650k a year also. It's probably overs. There's maybe 1 winger in the comp worth 650k. Sivo. We'll take the hit on those odds.

shear_joy9

Coach
I thought so too early in his career but he's simply not fast enough and his ball skills arent good enough to play fullback
He's one of the best wingers in the game, and he'll be a good centre at worst... maybe a top teir centre, but i think wing is his position.
Hopefully the dogs can get Burton or some other half and a fullback to give him some quality ball

wouldn't exactly call him slow. He's not Papen fast over a 100m but up to 40m he'd match it with most. His tackle busts are obviously his greatest strength and playing as fullback would give him more chance at doing that. Regarding his ball skills I don't think we've really had the opportunity to see what he can do. I'm sure if given the 1 and coached for the position he could learn that part of his game.

aqua_duck

Coach
I know Cotric played a lot of fullback in juniors but I just don't see it at first grade level especially in the modern game. Fullbacks these days need to be really agile, have electric footwork and be a playmaker I've never really seen that in Cotric's game, Cotric is a great power runner but the game has moved past the power runner fullback imo

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Nah no way is Cotric a fullback. Haven't seen those skills in him and he hated it when Stick tried him there for few games.

He has the nous and power game to be a great centre. But more a Manu type than a game breaker. I think he will struggle to develop into that at the Dogs though.

skeepe

Immortal
CHN taking the moral high ground on this one is a bit beyond the pale for mine. Pretending he and his peanut mate didn't cost the Bulldogs a $2m sponsorship.

Anyways, good luck to him

I always thought sacking CHN was a bit of an overreaction. From reports, he was unaware the chick he hooked up with was a schoolgirl, didn’t meet her at the school like Okunbor did

t-ba

Post Whore
Barrett made turbo, turned him into rep player too. The manly club should be forever in his debt, How quickly fans forget......

giphy.gif

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Ryan James to Raiders on a 2yr deal. Announced on Fox.

Another good pickup. Unfortunately I think it points to Sia having played his last game for us :(

BadnMean

Juniors
Ryan James to Raiders on a 2yr deal. Announced on Fox.

Another good pickup. Unfortunately I think it points to Sia having played his last game for us :(

I'd say so. Sia will stay & work on player welfare/community outreach- he's done certification in that area. Ryan is a good punt at that price. 50/50 how he goes after 3 ACLs tho.

Titans have a fair pack building. Just need someone behind them.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah wow that doesn’t sound right to me. What’s the source? Not impossible I guess but I reckon it would be a big pay-cut from his current contract and he supposedly had the Storm and Roosters chase him this time as well.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yeah wow that doesn’t sound right to me. What’s the source? Not impossible I guess but I reckon it would be a big pay-cut from his current contract and he supposedly had the Storm and Roosters chase him this time as well.

Fresh from their signing of Kiwi Test forward Corey Harawira-Naera, Canberra are confident of announcing the acquisition of Ryan James, the Gold Coast club captain, within days. James, who is currently recovering from a knee reconstruction, has agreed in principle to a two-year deal.

James is in the process of undergoing a final medical check by the Raiders and has knocked back interest from the Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm, and will take a massive pay-cut to join the Raiders. The two-year deal is worth around $400,000 for the 2021 and 2022 seasons.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/a381c70804dc71aca5f60d1b2b21b233