What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controversy Corner at 10am Sundays on 7 and 7TWO in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://au.promotions.yahoo.com/spor...35/double-dose-of-matty-johns-for-the-finals/

Double dose of Matty Johns for the finals

It’s a double dose of football action to celebrate the final series on Channel Seven this week, with The Matty Johns Show on Thursday followed by Matty Johns’ Controversy Corner from 10am on Sunday.

Cowboys hardman and inaugural Controversy Corner guest Willie Mason makes a return to the panel on Sunday morning. Along with Matty Johns, Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach and Paul Kent, there will be plenty of fireworks as the experts debate the first round of finals.

On Thursday night, the studio will be heating up with actors Jason Lewis and Luke Jacobz dropping in.

Are You Smarter Than A Footballer will be decidedly dramatic this week with the actors out to prove they have more than stage presence. The X Factor host and popular Home and Away actor Jacobz will take on his City Homicide rival, Damien Richardson. Tune in to see which footballer is game to take on the thespians.

Chloe chats with Sex and the City actor Jason Smith; while rock-n-roll legend Jimmy Barnes welcomes Don Kirk into his home.

Harry Hardman scores himself an invite to the Dally M awards; and Panthers star second rower Trent Waterhouse gives a unique guided tour of Penrith for My Hometown.

The Matty Johns Show is on at 7.30pm Thursdays on Seven.

Matty Johns’ Controversy Corner premieres on Sunday at 10am and will continue each Sunday throughout the NRL finals series.

and the good news for other states

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/09/controversy-corner-melbourne-adelaide.html

Controversy Corner: Melbourne, Adelaide

* By David Knox on September 7, 2010

NRL fans in Melbourne and Adelaide will be able to watch Matty Johns Controversy Corner on 7TWO.

Matty Johns Controversy Corner serves up a 1 hour feast of finals footy. Throughout the finals join Matty Johns and a regular panel of Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach, Paul Kent and special guests as they review, preview and debate all the finals footy action, and of course Matty will leave his own irreverent mark on the road to the NRL Grand Final.

It airs from 10am Sunday September 19 7TWO.

:clap:

this is more than 9 have ever done for League

Goddo

Bench
Its great what a bit of competition for the media rights will do for exposure.

Just watch Channel 9 bend over backwards to expose the game as 7 applies pressure in the lead up to the rights deal next year (or year after).

applesauce

Bench
Well done 7! :)

I would take a cut to the 1Billion if it meant improved exposure and respect across Australia. 7 are putting their hand up which is going to be good for negotiation.

I just hope Gallop doesn't whore the game off just to get the "magic number" but have no power or less power than we already have (if that is possible).

Goldthorpe

Bench
I have just checked the TV guide and it looks as though it's going to be shown here in Perth as well.

Coaster

Bench
wow.

this is more than 9 have ever done for League

Agreed, hopefully the NRL, are applying the same tactics to Seven as the AFL are with Nine, if you want to use our players ect, show in all states.

I cant wait for Nine to lose te NRL completely

will be the best thing to happen to this code

Goddo

Bench
Well, Labor won the election, so we should see the Anti Siphoning law changes put before parliament before the end of the year.

I wonder what the exact details are.

Its probably better that the Libs lost in this regard, as if they had won we wouldn't see the law changes until early next year, which would push back media negotiations, which would push back an expansion anouncement....

Goldthorpe

Bench
It's a pity they couldn't change the Matthew Johns show to Channel 7 TWO on Thursday nights and the football on Channel 9 TWO [or whatever it is] on Friday and Sunday nights here in Perth.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
hard to tell. it's usually the best part of the show and only ever lasts 8 minutes which is way too short.

8 minutes!!! seems like about 4!

would love to see the segment extended, everytime it starts getting warmed up they go to an ad break

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I dream of Nein losing the TV rights, 7 and 10 flicking the AFL and forming a ring with the ABC to get Rugby League and then Fox and Nein being forced to do with just the AFL.

It's a dream of dreams, if ever there was one...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Drew-Sta... there are two chances of Fox not broadcasting the NRL... one of them is buckleys. I'll let you assume the other.

NRL is Fox's best rating product on an ongoing yearly basis and I highly doubt they'll not have the rights.

DINGb@T

Juniors
I'm thinking 7 is desperate to get League's rights for that new 7mate channel. Once the anti-siphoning laws get changed it will be open season as they go hammer and tongs trying to get as much content for their branded channels as possible. I'm thinking they'll be going for both the League and AFL rights with Ten's One channel.

If I'm right then the next rights deal for both football codes is going to be fairly huge.