What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk

Mickthedragon

Juniors
If he does retire next year,the club should definitely have a crack at getting him in as halves coach.
He will be based in Sydney so its perfect and he will have a Qld connection there with Coyne and Hunt coming here.
Just imagine what he could set up and help with the new Widdop/Hunt combo and especially with Dufty at fb, if it happens.
He was praising Dufty on Sun and would be perfect for setting up Melbourne like set plays with the fb chiming in like Slater does.
We can't rely on Mary to do any of this so bring him in FFS!
Thoughts?

Crescent dragon

Juniors
If he does retire next year,the club should definitely have a crack at getting him in as halves coach.
He will be based in Sydney so its perfect and he will have a Qld connection there with Coyne and Hunt coming here.
Just imagine what he could set up and help with the new Widdop/Hunt combo and especially with Dufty at fb, if it happens.
He was praising Dufty on Sun and would be perfect for setting up Melbourne like set plays with the fb chiming in like Slater does.
Thoughts?
Great idea, would be good on recruitment too!

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Yeh,i can think of nothing but advantages gained over it. He would know Bellamys play book inside out and if you can't get Bellamy,it's the closest next thing.
Trouble is Doust and our board seem to be way behind everyone else and some other Sydney club will get him first most probably.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Great idea, but I bet if he doesn't go around again next year the Storm will make sure he is coaching their halfs next year.

Gm5

Juniors
im sure i read somewhere its in his contract to be a halves coach at Melb if he doesnt play

Mickthedragon

Juniors
im sure i read somewhere its in his contract to be a halves coach at Melb if he doesnt play
That would make sense,as much as we hate them they are smart operators.
He would be able to do that from Syd as it would'nt be full time. Just give him the head coach job for next year lol

Life's Good

Coach
As good an asset as Cronk would be I am going against the grain here because of the following:
- our halves for 2018 are both internationals who, combined, will account for between 15-20% of the cap. I would be dismayed if they need guidance
- We have a plethora of ex players to call on for mentoring of juniors (Cooper, Gasnier, Creagh, Hornby, Young)
- Outsiders or those with alternate views are not welcomed by Mary(JD, Mulholland, player recruitment with a Millward, let's see how long Richard Agar lasts)
- Why add layers of complexity that muddy the waters over role responsibility

Unless it's a ploy which can be used to lure Bellamy to us then I ont see the benefit.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Good idea, if Cronk knocked us back solely on the basis of having to travel to the Gong for training there is no way he will travel to Melbourne to train their halves. The clubs that have professional management will be way ahead of our feet of clay mob in signing him as a coach.

The calm one

Juniors
Thoughts?
Great idea but it won't happen. Imagine the coin he would want and where broke

Latest posts