What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Pearson

newmanj

Juniors
Does anybody know what the go with Corey Pearson is? Would be very handy for us at the moment.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Unfortunately Corey has had an ongoing back problem this season and will be sidelined for an extended period.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It does carry around a fair load.

I'm not surprised he has a problem with it.

look I was upset when we signed him, he is well past his best and will be luck to play more then 5 games for us this year, the money wasted on him could have signed Willie Tonga.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Get your hand off it

yes, Pearson may not have been the best signing but Tonga was offered a more then fair deal he didn't take it all the lazy slob had to do was play 10 top grade games and he would have been on the same money he his getting at the Dogs.

Tonga didn't want to have to work for his money and went to the Dogs.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Money was never an issue when attempting to resign Tonga. He was offered a lucrative deal with the Eels, alot more than that offered by the Dogs. However Willie thought he had a better opportunity at first grade with the Dogs with the departure of Nigel Vagana annd Willie Talau.

Hurriflatch

Referee
and as it turned out Tonga wouldn't have needed to work for it with Lyon leaving and Vaealiki getting injured.

Hurriflatch

Referee
When Tonga signed with the Dogs they had lost Vagana and Talau so Willie would have been a walk up start at the Dogs.

At that time he wasn't a walk up start at Parra with Lyon, Vaealiki and Graham all ahead of him.

A few weeks later Graham got injured in Brisbane
Lyon left after 1 game
and Vaealiki got a season ending injury after 7

right now had he stayed Tonga would have been the Eels #1 centre.

ok, i was trying to say keep a young junior, just used Tonga as a example. Could have been Steve Witt or Shayne Dunley or Daniel Heckenberg for goodness sake.
Did you get what I meant?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Grant Wooden couldn't even cut it at Manly at least Pearson has SOME talent.

I would have liked to have kept Leuluai though

Phillips

Referee
grant wooden did'nt make it at manly cause he got injured and played few games, but we needed props that make hard hitting tackles and get into the rough stuff so far only Stapleton does that and MoiMoi when he had limited opportunity

Chipmunk

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
When Tonga signed with the Dogs they had lost Vagana and Talau so Willie would have been a walk up start at the Dogs.

At that time he wasn't a walk up start at Parra with Lyon, Vaealiki and Graham all ahead of him.

A few weeks later Graham got injured in Brisbane
Lyon left after 1 game
and Vaealiki got a season ending injury after 7

right now had he stayed Tonga would have been the Eels #1 centre.

Looking at things in perspective, Tonga probably made the best decision for him by going to the Dogs.

strider

Post Whore
Tonga definitely did the right thing at the time - who would have thought we'd lose jamie and dave for the whole season.

Player retention/signing is all about making a decision at a point in time based on what you know at that time....that is why I believe ALOT of people are too harsh on Brian Smith about how things have turned out....just like Tonga made a decision that was best at the time but maybe not best a while later, I am sure decisions about our player retention had plenty of merit at the time, but down the track are maybe not the best.

The Colonel

Immortal
Phillips said:
grant wooden did'nt make it at manly cause he got injured and played few games, but we needed props that make hard hitting tackles and get into the rough stuff so far only Stapleton does that and MoiMoi when he had limited opportunity

If Wooden was such a good player why then is he playing for a Queensland Cup team? We did try and sign him at one stage.... and thankfully we didn't. He was an ex-boxer playing football rather than a footballer who tried boxing.....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
parra-matters said:
ok, i was trying to say keep a young junior, just used Tonga as a example. Could have been Steve Witt or Shayne Dunley or Daniel Heckenberg for goodness sake.
Did you get what I meant?

Heckenberg, Witt and Dunley!!! #-o Still to this day we shouldntve let those players go.

They did good things at Parramatta, and we let them go for useless rejects, that would be lucky to make PL.

fish eel

Immortal
How good are Manly going with Hecks and Dunley?

Give me our current props ahead of Heckenberg anyday

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
Heckenberg, Witt and Dunley!!! #-o Still to this day we shouldntve let those players go.

Heckenberg's place on the bench and ultimately starting side has been taken by Stapleton.

Witt has effectively been replaced by Thorman who most on here including yourself want in first grade.

Dunley has been replaced by Luke O'Dwyer and now Shane Muspratt.

Witt only got the first grade gig due to an injury to Johns.

Heckenberg and Dunley are doing well enough at their club to help them to one win. Heckenberg has been probably their best player admittedly but Dunley has not shown the impact he did here.

However by signing the likes of Pearson, Curtis, Ellis and McKie it allows us to keep players like Mateo, Smith, Lantry and co in the long term who in my opinion will offer more long term than the likes of Dunley and Heckenberg.

The Colonel

Immortal
DvdHntr said:
Lantry is very good! but he got dropped to Flegg for this round? I'm a bit confused.

They are trying to get Graham up to speed and Ben Smith is playing some good football as well. Both Lantry and Smith play right side.

Latest posts