What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Famous Amos be an eel??

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Sunday telegraph reported that Amos Roberts is negotiating with Brisbane and Parramatta. My tip is still Brisbane as they have knocked back Chris Walker.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If we brought Amos he would be a handy back up to the likes of Grothe, Burt, Graham etc.........he covers a variety of positions though his defence leaves alot to be desired!!,

Im with you....i still think he will be a Bronco though!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Walker would have been cheaper (allegedly) than Roberts and have stronger links with the Broncos. If they didn't want Walker, why would they want Roberts?

If he goes anywhere (although this is the first I've heard of this rumour) I'd expect it to be Parra. Remember, we were in the market for Blacklock. If Parra do sign him, I wouldn't be surprised to find him in the starting line up.

Kiwi

First Grade
eels2win said:
Walker would have been cheaper (allegedly) than Roberts and have stronger links with the Broncos. If they didn't want Walker, why would they want Roberts?

If he goes anywhere (although this is the first I've heard of this rumour) I'd expect it to be Parra. Remember, we were in the market for Blacklock. If Parra do sign him, I wouldn't be surprised to find him in the starting line up.

I think you'll find they don't want walker because of his attitude. First he gets into trouble while at the club, then leaves chasing money, then walks out on souths to go to the roosters then wants back in at the Broncos, he can stay at the roosters for al I care.

Kiwi

First Grade
eels2win said:
or better yet, he can go to yawnion... his defence and handling will fit in perfectly there

True

on Roberts i think it doesn't matter if he goes to the eels or the Broncos. both clubs have some good up and coming young outside backs, and are not short in that department. i think Roberts would be better served staying with the dragons or going to a club like the rabbitohs or sharks who both need him. At the eels and broncos he'd be hard pressed to get a starting spot.

Kiwi

First Grade
slippery eel said:
why dont Parra concentrate on forwards?. :roll:

a very good call. If the eels are chasing amos, why? and why couldn't they use that money to keep Heckenberg who is consistant and improving with each game? Surely Heckenberg would have been a better option in 2004 than treacey.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Kiwi said:
slippery eel said:
why dont Parra concentrate on forwards?. :roll:

a very good call. If the eels are chasing amos, why? and why couldn't they use that money to keep Heckenberg who is consistant and improving with each game? Surely Heckenberg would have been a better option in 2004 than treacey.

I think you'll find that Treacey is retiring at years end mate.
I feel we have enough forwards anyway and having Roberts in our team would be better as i feel we are thin in our backline.

Parraren

Bench
Don't know if anyone else heard the Brian Smith interview on Friday morning on 2KY Big Sports Breakfast but I only caught the last couple of minutes. Was interesting to hear him confirm that he called Nathan Brown during the week to talk to him about Amos Roberts. Did anyone else hear the rest of the interview?

So far we've been linked with both Amos Roberts & Reece Simmonds at different stages this year. With Ben Hornby looking like being the preffered fullback at the Dragons and the salary cap restraints following Blacklock/Timmins/Gasnier resigning it's highly unlikely both of these two guys will stay at the Dragons.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Why does Parramatta sign players that are running around in Premier League for other clubs and we're letting go Heckenberg which is joke. I thought Heckers was one of our better players today, and I cant believe he's off to Manly.

Agent Mulder

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
Why does Parramatta sign players that are running around in Premier League for other clubs and we're letting go Heckenberg which is joke. I thought Heckers was one of our better players today, and I cant believe he's off to Manly.

I wouldn't worry so much about Heckenburg...we had signed alot of forwards for next year and even without Solomona now we still have alot beef up front and with Adam Peek resigning the other day its looking good.

We still have Cayless,Vella,Hopkins,Hindmarsh,Wagon,Morris and Widders coming back next year.

I reckon Peek will be better then Heckenburg next year...Peeky gets better with each game and before he was sent off on Sunday he was playing pretty well i thought.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
plus Armit plus Tsoulos

plus we've signed Cannings, Pearson, Stapleton, Muckert, Muspratt, Fitzgerald and Moi Moi.

I see Stapleton and Heckenberg as being in the same class. We reportedly got Stapleton for 55k. I doubt Heckenberg would have been that cheap to re-sign. (or maybe he wanted to go so that he would have a MUCH better chance of playing first grade)

The recruitment, especially in the forwards has been pretty strong and complementary to what we have.

Anyone able to confirm whether Treacy is retiring or re-signing?

Agent Mulder

Bench
Treacy is gone mate...i saw it written up in the paper on Monday.
Damn shame...Anyway yeah i forgot about tsoulous and Armit.
Go you good things! :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
El Duque said:
What about Hopkins?

Yeah unbelieveable his performance on Sunday and for the majority of the year!!

Even though everyone talks about Parra's forward recruitment for next year i must say im so excited about Grothe being back on the wing for us and will provide such a great attacking option outside the likes of Lyon & Vaealiki......no disrespect to Moodie but Grothe is alot more dynamic player then he!!

The deal with Hex is that his manager told the Eels the deal with Hull was done.........so the Eels went and spent their money elsewhere.

Hex wanted to stay, no doubt about that, but when it came out that he was still up for grabs what parra had left to offer him (in their forwards budget) couldn't compare with Manly's offer of both cash and a starting berth.

Good luck to Hex, he's a top bloke, but if you're re4ading this, mate, prepare to be hammered next year! :D

Latest posts