What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys cannot make Top 4

isaiah

Bench
better off asking the OP why he thinks the Broncos, of all teams currently outside the 8, are a chance for top 4
The draw has to get easier than the first 4 rounds. Why do people focus on a club's current position? Makes no sense. Is the top 4 ever the same from April to august?

AJB1102

First Grade
They play every origin period with him either backing up or missing. This season their forward depth is weaker, imo.

He either plays or he doesn't? Fair dinkum what an insight.

Of course their depth is depleted with a top 25 player missing the season. I'm a fan of Matt Scott but if I were the Cowboys I'd prefer him out than either of the JTs.

Lambretta

First Grade
Mathematically, they're gone the Cowboys
There's no way any team can make the top 4 when they're only on 8 competition points

Unless, I dunno, like the NRL let them play a few more games between now and the end of the season
If they do get a play in most of the remaining 20 odd rounds then they're still a chance I reckon.

Canard

Immortal
Mathematically, they're gone the Cowboys
There's no way any team can make the top 4 when they're only on 8 competition points

Unless, I dunno, like the NRL let them play a few more games between now and the end of the season
If they do get a play in most of the remaining 20 odd rounds then they're still a chance I reckon.

I also think they might struggle to make it if they don't win enough games to give them the points needed.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I also think they might struggle to make it if they don't win enough games to give them the points needed.
But on the flipside, if they do win games, they're looking at 2 competition points for each victory. Say they win another 15 games, that's 30 points right there. Add that to their current points tally, and it's going to go up by 30.

But on the flipside, if they do win games, they're looking at 2 competition points for each victory. Say they win another 15 games, that's 30 points right there. Add that to their current points tally, and it's going to go up by 30.

they might even give us 2 points for each bye

How right you both are. Take their current points 8 + the 30 points as Hutty says + the 2 byes = 4 points as Rhino so rightly points out and there you have it.......42 points.

Undoubtedly Minor Premiership favourites.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i hear a rumour that the more points we score in each game and the less we let score against us will also contribute to our table status