What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COWBOYS FANS WE NEED YOUR HELP!

RifRaf

Juniors
Folks below is our press release to help us save our ground. Any of you who have been to Leichhardt will know what fantastic and historic ground it is we'd love the support of our fellow league fans.. Please visit www.stoptherot.org and download and send the petition (it's free post) thanks in advance of your anticipated support.

Stop the rot!
SAVE LEICHHARDT OVAL!
23rd April 2004

Leichhardt Oval has been the Tigers home since 1934. There’s no better place to watch footy. But Leichhardt Oval is in urgent need of repair.
We need the Government to lend a hand.

This Sunday (25th April 04) when the Eagles take on the Tigers at Leichhardt Oval we will be launching our campaign to save Leichhardt Oval. We’ll be handing out petitions to pressure the state government to get behind us in our quest to secure Leichhardt Oval not only as a football ground but also as a community asset for many years to come.

In a game that is crying out for its traditions what better tradition is there than Sunday afternoon footy at Leichhardt oval. Please lend your support to our cause.

Please note that this is a supporter’s initiative and although both the Wests Tigers and Balmain Tigers football clubs are supporting us, the fans are driving this.

www.stoptherot.org

The Whippet

Juniors
Cheers, thanks for the information, I will certainly sign this petition for such a great cause.

Leichhardt has many great memories and it would be a real loss for the game if this ground detirates any further.

nqboy

First Grade
I followed the argument on the NRL forum with interest. I love the sight of Leichardt full on a sunny afternoon (last Sunday for example) but the dilapidated state of it (I've never been there, I'm going on what I hear and read) and the changing demographics of the area leave me wondering what the best thing to do is.

History and Tradition are great but at what price?

RifRaf

Juniors
It's not like we're asking for a full upgrade like at newcastle we just want what is there now restored and upgraded to a state that will have longevity.... This money would come from the club, council and state govt... The price would be much smaller than what other upgrades have cost and the benefits to fans and tradition great.

nqboy

First Grade
You need that more prominently displayed and more clearly outlined on the website. I went there and was overwhelmed by the graphics when I was looking for info about the issues.

Just my opinion.