What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys: Has their time finally arrived?

legend

Coach
After registering back to back wins the Cowboys now find themselves out of the top eight only on for and against. Has the time come for the Cowboys to finally make a push for the top eight after many seasons of constant disappointments?

Next week they play Saints at Kogarah and at the start of the year many people would have thought this match to be a one sided affair. Now i'm not so sure. Graham Murray has side all rowing int eh one direction for the first time int heir history and a win agains the Dragons would give them a fighting chance at the top eight.

As it stands now, the Cowboys need to win six more games to qualify for the top eight. Any more than six wins and they are in.

The Cowboys forwards are starting to hold their own and with Rauhihi, Morrison and Campion all playing gret footy, they Cowboys must be taken seriously for the remainder of the season.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Only a matter of time before the Cowboys are a force. Now that young North QLD players are actually in First grade performing well ie Bowen boys Williams etc more will come and the Cowboys will become entrenched in the Top 8, if not this year, the year after. In 5-10 years I see them providing 50% of QLDs origin team.

salivor

First Grade
Bet me to it Tigertread, two years at the Warriors and they think Campo is a kiwi

GBT

Juniors
Would a successfull Cowboys be a major plus for the NRL? They are one of the teams - along with the Warriors, Wests and Storm - who's results I look out for.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
legend said:
After registering back to back wins the Cowboys now found themselves out of the top eight on for and against. Has the time come for the Cowboys to finally make a push for the top eight after many seasons of constant disappointments.

Next week they play Saints at Kogarah and at the start of the year many people would have thought this match to be a one sided affair. Now i'm not so sure. Graham Murray has side all rowing int eh one direction for the first time int heir history and a win agains the Dragons would give them a fighting chance at the top eight.

As it stands now, the Cowboys need to win six more games to qualify for the top eight. Any more than six wins and they are in.

The Cowboys forwards are starting to hold their own and with Rauhihi, Morrison and Campion all playing gret footy, they Cowboys must be taken seriously for the remainder of the season.

the answer is 'No' :p

Tigertread

Juniors
No not really mate, but it's always good to finish in front of Manly.
Cowboys will in finish 6-8th spot. :D

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Tigertread said:
No not really mate, but it's always good to finish in front of Manly.
Cowboys will in finish 6-8th spot. :D

hahaha you are the optimist, you may of beaten Manly, but it wasn’t like you were playing good football, Manly was playing really bad, which seems to be happening far to regularly lately. I believe that Manly will finish in 9th with the roosters, knights, broncos, raiders, panthers, warriors, bulldogs, storm all finishing in the 8, leaving the Cowboys in 10th-12th spot on the ladder.

salivor

First Grade
I'd let you off for this weekend mayor quimby but that was the second time this year the Cowboys have beaten Manly.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
bronco said:
I'd let you off for this weekend mayor quimby but that was the second time this year the Cowboys have beaten Manly.

Yeah i'm aware, and that is why they won't finish in the eight, they have beaten lower teams including Manly twice, they are yet to prove themselves against and high quality teams, but in saying that they do hang in there against good teams, they just can't get the win, that won't change for many years if at all

groggo

Juniors
:D you never can tell the cowboys have put in some quality performances this year to date could very well be the year they mate the final 8 they have the staff to do the job :shock:

legend

Coach
The Cowboys played poorly and still won. That is usually the hallmark of a good side.

I think they are showing signs of consistency for the first time and maybe, just maybe one or two astute off season signings, and they will be a very good side. Guys like Bowman, Sing, Hannay and Bowen would start in any side now, such is their quality. Their backline is playing well and if guys like Butterguts can get fit, who knows where they may end up.

I'm just glad we played them in the first round. :p

Spike

First Grade
Cowboys to make the 8 and me to collect $5000 for putting a grand on them at the start of the year at $6.00. 8) It has it happen, failing is not an option :?

Kasper

Bench
Bailey said:
Cowboys to make the 8 and me to collect $5000 for putting a grand on them at the start of the year at $6.00. 8) It has it happen, failing is not an option :?
I guess you lost 1000 big ones. :shock:

joshreading

Staff member
I think that the Cowboys becoming the power they should be will be one of the biggest postives for RL in quite a while.

They are like the Warriors, a strong team will start to cause a BIG stir, we got used of the Warriors being losers and they jumped out at us.

Them being strong will make a True hardcore derby for Brisbane as well. It has always been big for the Cowboys but not for anyone else.

The day will come when Cowboys play Broncos and Qld will stand still in anticipation.

Latest posts