What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Bellamy - 2014 onwards

hardbaby

Coach
I honestly think Bellamy should go. He needs to get that Origin Monkey off his back. There are too many detractors "He can't do anything within the Salary Cap!", "He can't do anything without 3 players he kept over from the Salary Cap!", "He couldn't do anything with an Origin Side that couldn't beat the Raymond Terrace Magpies!"

I would hate it, but he should be recognised as one of the great coaches, and he just won't get that recognition in Melbourne.

That is why I think the Dragons have a chance. That said, Bellamy is a fantastic coach and whether he comes to us or not, when asked why the Storm were so dominant in this era I will say "Smith, Cronk, Slater and Bellamy". I think he'll stay but the money needs to be really good.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Would not have been as effective, I agree about Smith, I have never seen a more dominate grand final display by 1 player ever, how he missed the cc medal is a joke.. My point is the storm would not have the players they have now if they had not had cheated....

hardbaby

Coach
Like a bad pimple, the rumour just won't go away. It's of almost boil-like proportions now. It's a straight swap. Bellamy for Price.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Like a bad pimple, the rumour just won't go away. It's of almost boil-like proportions now. It's a straight swap. Bellamy for Price.
The RLW - Mole has just said he thinks Bellamy is leaving the storm - damm think that boil just got lanced, he has a rumour success rate of minus 15%.

sheet_ed

Juniors
The best prospect is that he will stay. News limited require him to "sell the Storm" to a prospective buyer so at least we will match the Saints offer.

He wants a 5 year contract - no problems with that, as Cronk, Smith and Finch are the coaches of our next wave of talent and there is a capacity to mentor these guys. They have developed a "Broncos" love of the club and want to build bigger careers at the Storm.

Saints, by playing this hand have screwed themselves, ANY prospective coach (experienced or not) now knows their budget and will negotiate accordingly. Other teams such as Souths, Parra, Knights and the Doggies are now obliged to raise their coaches salary to keep the talent. The other coaches are not on my radar for big increases.

If he leaves, he will be forced to honor this 2013 contract and we can then pick up Ricky Stuart as he will be fired from the Eels by then, LOL.

Wobbygong

First Grade
"Saints, by playing this hand have screwed themselves, ANY prospective coach (experienced or not) now knows their budget and will negotiate accordingly. Other teams such as Souths, Parra, Knights and the Doggies are now obliged to raise their coaches salary to keep the talent. The other coaches are not on my radar for big increases."

So because they're prepared to pay a Bennett, Hasler or Bellamy $X, then automatically some nuffy coach without a similar record is going to expect the same cash lol yeah right mate good one :lol:

aussie7798

First Grade
The best prospect is that he will stay. News limited require him to "sell the Storm" to a prospective buyer so at least we will match the Saints offer.

He wants a 5 year contract - no problems with that, as Cronk, Smith and Finch are the coaches of our next wave of talent and there is a capacity to mentor these guys. They have developed a "Broncos" love of the club and want to build bigger careers at the Storm.

Saints, by playing this hand have screwed themselves, ANY prospective coach (experienced or not) now knows their budget and will negotiate accordingly. Other teams such as Souths, Parra, Knights and the Doggies are now obliged to raise their coaches salary to keep the talent. The other coaches are not on my radar for big increases.

If he leaves, he will be forced to honor this 2013 contract and we can then pick up Ricky Stuart as he will be fired from the Eels by then, LOL.

Why the f**k would you want stuart ive got half a tub of yogurt in the fridge that left to develop for the year will be a better coaching option

hardbaby

Coach
My girlfriend's vaginal beads would be a better option. At least they enjoy themselves and keep coming back for more..

Last edited:

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah oh well. Anyway, another day and nobody knows one way or the other. I doubt if Bellamy even knows.

hardbaby

Coach
Most of the Dragons supporters fee that way as well Evenflow. Just using us for more money one suspects.

Last edited:

Latest posts