What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah I wouldn't say it's the longest I've ever seen and they've done the old wonky rope to make it a bit shorter square but by modern standards it's pretty hefty...if the other one's 42 as they said the long side is easily 85-ish into the pockets I reckon

undertaker

Coach
Yeah I wouldn't say it's the longest I've ever seen and they've done the old wonky rope to make it a bit shorter square but by modern standards it's pretty hefty...if the other one's 42 as they said the long side is easily 85-ish into the pockets I reckon

If officials were going to have boundaries that are 17 metres short of the minimum required distance (59.42m), they should've just played the warm-up game at another venue.

And yeah, irrespective of the 42m boundary, those ropes down the ground are way too far in from the fence. Much more than the ICC minimum of 3 yards, just to accommodate those stupid LED advertising boards which are also used in Australia.

Just on the topic of thie ICC Champions Trophy, I know many here will not agree with it, but to me it is a waste of time and nothing more than a bastardised version of the World Cup. Yeah, it's going to be the most competitive ODIs Australia has had for a long time, because it's the best 8 teams that are playing. And that makes it even more of a joke, considering the World Cup in 2 years will have 10 teams, which is only 2 more than this tournament.

Would've MUCH preferred to have had the long-awaited Test Championship that was supposed to occur since 2011, but the BCCI baulked at it and as a result, the planned 2014 test championship was cancelled and the 2017 Champions Trophy was re-introduced.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
HAHAHA! Some footage I stumbled upon here:

Viv Richards would've been having a field day if he got to bat on pitches so close to the rope like that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If officials were going to have boundaries that are 17 metres short of the minimum required distance (59.42m), they should've just played the warm-up game at another venue.

And yeah, irrespective of the 42m boundary, those ropes down the ground are way too far in from the fence. Much more than the ICC minimum of 3 yards, just to accommodate those stupid LED advertising boards which are also used in Australia.

Just on the topic of thie ICC Champions Trophy, I know many here will not agree with it, but to me it is a waste of time and nothing more than a bastardised version of the World Cup. Yeah, it's going to be the most competitive ODIs Australia has had for a long time, because it's the best 8 teams that are playing. And that makes it even more of a joke, considering the World Cup in 2 years will have 10 teams, which is only 2 more than this tournament.

Would've MUCH preferred to have had the long-awaited Test Championship that was supposed to occur since 2011, but the BCCI baulked at it and as a result, the planned 2014 test championship was cancelled and the 2017 Champions Trophy was re-introduced.

I don't mind the champions trophy coming back. It certainly beats these useless 5 ODI series and any t20 crap.

In terms of the test championship, to me I was all for it until I realised its only 3 tests in total. ie. the top 4 sides over a 4 year period play semi finals, I would assume 1v4 and 2v3. Winner from each test plays in the final.

In any case the test championship is scheduled in india in 2021. Wouldn't be suprised if it gets canned well before then

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Being held in India on their pitches is a bit of joke, really should be in the highest ranked country's home ground.

Haffa

I did a tour of Lords last week, I was the only Aussie on the tour, copped a few sledges from the tour guide before it even started so I gave it back once we got on the tour. Did ask when they were going to change the name on the Warner stand to the Glenn McGrath Stand.

The tour itself was brilliant, they took us through the long room into both dressing rooms and into the media centre. Still not at the same level as the SCG but it was an excellent tour. If you're doing it I recommend booking ahead. It was sold out for weeks.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How the mighty have fallen.

While everyone else is playing in the champions trophy the west indies are playing a 3 match 20/20 series against Afghanistan.

Although I think the windies will win all 3 Afghanistan will push them close.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Anyone been playing the Cricket game on Google's home page?
The game has frozen 3 times for me when I get to 51 runs.

King hit

Coach
How the mighty have fallen.

While everyone else is playing in the champions trophy the west indies are playing a 3 match 20/20 series against Afghanistan.

Although I think the windies will win all 3 Afghanistan will push them close.

It's truly sad how badly the West Indies has fallen in all forms of cricket beside from 20/20. They need someone like Sobers or Lara to lecture the current players and future players about the tradition and legacy they have in cricket. I feel the current West Indian players don't care about playing for the WI at all, they would rather chase money in Twenty/20 competitions.

I hate saying this but I feel eventually the West Indies will drop out of test cricket and someone like Ireland will takeover their spot. Tragedy but true.

typicalfan

Coach
West Indies don't care because the players were treated poorly. It is an example of what could happen here.

To be totally disenfranchised with the set up. It speaks volumes.

The Winners

First Grade
Craig Bradley the Carlton legend was a very good cricketer who also played for Victoria.
Matty Wade was a top footy player in Tasmania and now is Australia keeper.