What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket in the 90s

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I know there's already been Cricket in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Does anyone know if there's gonna be one on the 90s. I mean it was a pretty good decade as far as Australian cricket's concerned. We basically went on the top of the world in test cricket, finally beating the West Indies and winning the World Cup in 1999. A lot of great moments in the 90s:

*That ball- Australia Vs England, Manchester, 93. Warne's delivery to Gatting, it changed the whole game England were stunned, Mike Gatting was stunned. I just like the look of his face when he turned around and just look surprised. It made Warney even bigger after that, topping the wicket tally and later International cricketer of the year.

*Windies tour in 95. That 4th test in Jamaica had everything, Australia looked gone until the Waugh twins put on a partnership that wont be forgotten. Mark made 126 and Steve made 200 exact, that won Australia the game. Finally we beat the Windies in a series, bringing home the Frank Worrell Trophy.

*World Cup 99- I think it was the first time in a while Australia were the best One Day team, they had a scratchy start but there were some brilliant efforts to win the cup. Steve Waugh's 120 against SAF, probably the best ODI innings in history. Warne's 4 wickets against SAF in the semi, and that thrilling end. The final was just a great team effort, knocking over the Pakis for 130, and seeing Lehmann hit the winning runs was something special.

*Bev's last ball 4 against the Windies- One of the greats in one day cricket, Bevan put Australia in a rescue mission after they were 6/38, chasing around 170. Him and Reiffel put on a great partnership, then it came down to the last over. 1 ball left and 4 runs to win, Bevan smashes it down to the boundary over the umpire's head. Great moment.

plenty of great moments in the 90s, hope they bring it out on DVD or something.

Latest posts