What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronk to leave Storm in 2018

POPEYE

Coach
People. Please be aware that this character POPEYE is not a purist. He is giving league aficionados a bad name with this embarrassing drivel.

Addendum, the shield.
Please please please . . . rehab is calling you again ol' mate if you don't get over this fascination with me

Addendum: You're 'Like' is good . . . watch and learn

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
Cooper Cronk has confirmed he will play on next year and will agree to a two year deal. The Roosters may not show Pearce the door and are likely give Jake Friend the flick if Cronk is signed. Pearce or Luke Keary will be then moved to hooker. But other Sydney teams are showing interest in Cronk so Roosters are not a certainty, but Souths have confirmed publicly that they are not pursing him.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...t/news-story/fb872a9e4393091dfa48f9b8db1fb3f7

Canard

Immortal
Cooper Cronk has confirmed he will play on next year and will agree to a two year deal. The Roosters may not show Pearce the door and are likely give Jake Friend the flick if Cronk is signed. Pearce or Luke Keary will be then moved to hooker. But other Sydney teams are showing interest in Cronk so Roosters are not a certainty, but Souths have confirmed publicly that they are not pursing him.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...t/news-story/fb872a9e4393091dfa48f9b8db1fb3f7

Jake Friend is on $2M per month, so that frees up the required cap space.

horrie hastings

First Grade

I would hate the thought of Keary playing hooker, I liked some of the things he did at 5/8 for the Roosters this year and 5/8 is his position, wouldn't be sad to see Pearce go though although I couldn't see the Roosters getting rid of him.

txta2

Bench
Definitely something going on with 2 clubs. Rooters have to offload a high profile player for it to happen

wibble

Bench
If Cronk does play with the Roosters he is going to need to get an interpreter in order to communicate with guys like Ferguson and Pearce.

That's pretty bold assuming Ferguson can say anything remotely understandable, even with help from an interpreter.

Exsilium

First Grade
If I am not mistaken didn't Keary fill in at hooker when Madge went with Reynolds and Walker?

It would be ridiculous to move Pearce or Keary to hooker IMO. The issue with the roosters is not in the halves.

Pearce is a good club halfback. He's shown great form since being dropped from Origin and cops a lot of unfair criticism. Whilst a handful of clubs are chasing Cronk I'd say more will chase Pearce.

Valheru

Coach
I would hate the thought of Keary playing hooker, I liked some of the things he did at 5/8 for the Roosters this year and 5/8 is his position, wouldn't be sad to see Pearce go though although I couldn't see the Roosters getting rid of him.

I can't see them flicking Pearce either and nor should they TBH.

If we do get Cronk I think Friend gets moved on, Radley plays hooker and Keary goes to the bench.

Spot On

Coach
I cant believe they'd ever consider moving Keary from 6 to bench. Insane.

That said, if they want to keep them all, then that's what will happen and he'll do a great job.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Pearce is a good club halfback. He's shown great form since being dropped from Origin and cops a lot of unfair criticism. Whilst a handful of clubs are chasing Cronk I'd say more will chase Pearce.

You might want to watch Pearce's last match in the finals then...awful is putting it nicely!

davi

Juniors
Steve f**king Roach. Lol, this fat imbecile.

www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sydney-roosters/sydney-roosters-blasted-for-bid-to-shift-mitchell-pearce-and-sign-cooper-cronk-20171022-gz5sr9.html

Love this quote from the walking sewer: "He's run the Roosters for 10 years, won a comp."

The problem is that people who suggest Pearce is not up to scratch are basing it on state of origin level. The criticism of him being a choker has never been valid at club level. Roach is suggesting that he's won a premiership and been on a lot of successful Roosters teams. So basically Roach's point if the Roosters think Pearce is not ready to be their starting halfback then neither are half the other halfbacks around the league playing first grade.

It's why some commentators are suggesting Pearce would be better off looking elsewhere. Its not rocket science.