What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd averages

Beaussie

First Grade
pepstar87 said:
DJ1 said:
Melbourne H: 8,354 H&A: 10,655

Gee, the Melbourne Storm bring the crowds in dont they!?

Home and away those crowds are embarrassing. The home crowds are definately a source of continual concern.

Even when the Swans got 3 wooden spoons in a row and have not one a premiership, the average home crowds at the SCG were bigger than the Storm. Victorians will never embrace RL. The Storm would be better suited to the Central Coast or Gold Coast.

DJ1

Juniors
I went to a Storm home game against the Dogs a few years ago. It was a fantastic experience. They may not have the biggest crowds but their loyalty cannot be questioned. Almost everyone in the crowd was fully decked out in all the supporters gear.

We should always keep the Storm in Melbourne. Even if it's just to p**s the AFL off.

It is because melbourne are one eyed idiots and arent truely a sporting city.. Unlike cities like sydney and brisbane who embrace all 3 majoy footy codes.. The only thing melbournites like is AFL because they are one eyed gits.

Beaussie

First Grade
DJ1 said:
I went to a Storm home game against the Dogs a few years ago. It was a fantastic experience. They may not have the biggest crowds but their loyalty cannot be questioned. Almost everyone in the crowd was fulled decked out in all the supporters gear.

We should always keep the Storm in Melbourne. Even if it's just to p**s the AFL off.

Seriously, the AFL are not fussed by average crowds of 8,000 for one RL team in a city of 3.5 million. And are you sure about everyone in the crowd fully decked out in Storm gear? From what I've heard most supporters turn up in their AFL gear.

DJ1

Juniors
Then I congratulate the One Eye Melbournian League followers for swimming against the stream.

Well done.

super_coach

First Grade
when you consider souths parra and the warriors are all on struggle street--traditionally big crowd pullers--the games going okay--If the west tigers,keep their form going-look for some big crowd out of their home grounds in the weeks to follow--Sharks are the worry--the old saturday night -sellouts-seem to be a thing of the past--but the old story everone loves a winner--remember the days when the chooks were on struggle street--7000 was a huge crowd